Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    To those taking A Level Bio and Chem, which one do you find easier and why?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    chem
    - less content
    -not a huge expansion on GCSE (at AS)

ReputationRep:
    Just started year 12 and I'm finding chem easier as so far it's just built on from GCSE but it's probably going to get really difficult soon. Bio is so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    chem
    - less content
    -not a huge expansion on GCSE (at AS)
    (Original post by amaraub)
    Just started year 12 and I'm finding chem easier as so far it's just built on from GCSE but it's probably going to get really difficult soon. Bio is so annoying.
    Yeah Bio has way too much content. My brain literally gets fried :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    started year 13 and like people have said chemistry definitely gets harder but bio has stayed about the same since year 12 there's just a lot more to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, Bio is a bit boring and has a lot of content.

ReputationRep:
    Chem is easier since you don't need to explain and elaborate but Bio is more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Although the content may be less for chemistry, chemistry is far harder than biology a level.

I would definitely choose biology out of the two.

The majority of biology is just a continuation from GCSE topics and isn't too challenging to understand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.