Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whats good people,

Basically I went for a job interview last week, as I felt that it would be a real good chance for me to jump back on the employment game. The place is not too far from home, maybe a 40 minute commute and in a place I am all too familiar with.

Anyways, at the time of the interview, the HR Contact told me that I would hear from them sometime next week perhaps even Tuesday. It is now Wednesday and I am having so many second thoughts. For starters they didn't even respond back to my "thank you" email and tend to not respond to any of the emails I send them (prior to the interview). I got a response back once but it was so late at night - a time when I was fast asleep in bed.

The people working there seem to be "slow" or just rude/lazy. I am not used to working with people like this or have ever come across HR as bad as this.

I'm still somewhat applying elsewhere, but would it be fair to say that you should still take a job even if you don't like the place?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ha7er)
    Whats good people,

Basically I went for a job interview last week, as I felt that it would be a real good chance for me to jump back on the employment game. The place is not too far from home, maybe a 40 minute commute and in a place I am all too familiar with.

Anyways, at the time of the interview, the HR Contact told me that I would hear from them sometime next week perhaps even Tuesday. It is now Wednesday and I am having so many second thoughts. For starters they didn't even respond back to my "thank you" email and tend to not respond to any of the emails I send them (prior to the interview). I got a response back once but it was so late at night - a time when I was fast asleep in bed.

The people working there seem to be "slow" or just rude/lazy. I am not used to working with people like this or have ever come across HR as bad as this.

I'm still somewhat applying elsewhere, but would it be fair to say that you should still take a job even if you don't like the place?
    It could be a busy week. I would give it until the end of this week or even until next Tuesday, which would be a week after when they said they would get back to you by.

This seems normal for some companies, I once had to wait 2 weeks after they said they would get back to me and yes, they had offered me a job. Just wait it out and keep applying elsewhere, which you are doing anyway.

I would not take the job if I didn't like the place. I would want to be happy working there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It could be a busy week. I would give it until the end of this week or even until next Tuesday, which would be a week after when they said they would get back to you by.

This seems normal for some companies, I once had to wait 2 weeks after they said they would get back to me and yes, they had offered me a job. Just wait it out and keep applying elsewhere, which you are doing anyway.

I would not take the job if I didn't like the place. I would want to be happy working there.
    Yeah thanks for the advice mate! Hate it when recruiters don't get back to me on time, if not at all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.