ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    The one that you grow up with

DT - who can forget the weeping angels?
    Yeah 10th was phenomenal
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    David Tennant by far, barely watched Matt Smith because he pretty much licked stuff and that was his quirk, also his series took a dump on the weeping angels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    David Tennant by far, barely watched Matt Smith because he pretty much licked stuff and that was his quirk, also his series took a dump on the weeping angels.
    I thought the weeping angels storyline for 11th was quite good tbh 🤔 But we all have our opinions
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dxna.s)
    I thought the weeping angels storyline for 11th was quite good tbh 🤔 But we all have our opinions
    I didn't mind the storyline but they ruined the angels themselves. Originally they were some psychotic creatures which feed on some energy with sending people through time and having a very interesting idea with how they moved which led to their downfall which was just great to see, also the doctor knew very little about them since they were meant to be just a few. Also to make them even scarier was the whole aspect of them blending into the real world.

Whereas the Matt Smith ones completely took a dump on the originals in nearly every single way that made the original ones so good. No longer that enigmatic aspect of them due to the fact there is an entire city of them, they no longer had the creepy idea of sending you back in time and fed on some energy and instead just broke necks, the real situation aspect was gone (which really made it stupid that they were human statues on an alien world which was how they were found out) and the worst part... they showed them move... and it wasn't how the original power was explained.

I'm not gonna talk about the New York nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    I think Matt Smith was the best. Hardly watch David tenant. But the day of the doctor episode was the best
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subhaan)
    I think Matt Smith was the best. Hardly watch David tenant. But the day of the doctor episode was the best
    You need to go back and watch Tennant's stuff, its proper good.

ReputationRep:
    At least we can all say that Peter capaldi is shit😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Shipman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dxna.s)
    From the 9th Doctor onwards
    David Tennant. Hands down.
    Much as I love Ecclestone, Smith and Capaldi - David has to top it for me. He will always be my favourite doctor.

ReputationRep:
    From the 9th onwards? Obviously the 10th, and any other opinion is simply incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subhaan)
    At least we can all say that Peter capaldi is shit😂😂
    Totally disagree with you in every way there. Peter Capaldi, to me, is the best Doctor. Even if you don't like his character, he is objectively the best actor in the show.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by math42)
    From the 9th onwards? Obviously the 10th, and any other opinion is simply incorrect.
    Obviously, the REAL incorrect opinion, is only counting the 9th Doctot Onwards.
    Anything Classic is miles better than new Doctor Who.

ReputationRep:
    For me it would be Tennant and then Capaldi. TBH I thought Smith was the worst (except for when Clara was his companion unpopular opinion I know).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCFactor)
    Obviously, the REAL incorrect opinion, is only counting the 9th Doctot Onwards.
    Anything Classic is miles better than new Doctor Who.
    That's not true, both are equally good but in different ways. Classic Doctor Who had very little emotion or character development to it. However, Classic Doctor was maybe more thought out and less flashy.

ReputationRep:
    David Tennant, the only reason I wanted it for him, then when the doctor changed I stopped watching it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molybdenum42)
    Totally disagree with you in every way there. Peter Capaldi, to me, is the best Doctor. Even if you don't like his character, he is objectively the best actor in the show.

ReputationRep:
    I said in the show. Though Tennant is an excellent actor, I find his acting in the show to be a touch melodramatic, I think merely the fault of the writers and directors.

ReputationRep:
    Post Eccleston, I'd say the best for me is Capaldi. But the true answer is that for televised eps, the best is McCoy and including audios and books the best is McGann

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.