Who was the best Doctor? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The one that isn't a woman

ReputationRep:
    Tennant or Capaldi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuffme)
    The one that isn't a woman
    You got woman issues? Either that or you're playing to the lack of logic due to woman issues. Either way it's woman issues.

Time lords do not have a gender. They don't care for gender. As the former Doctor said, only petty humans do. The Master turned into a woman. How many ****ing times? This is SCIENCE FICTION. GET OVER YOUR WOMAN ISSUES.

ReputationRep:
    Tennant, every other doctor will always be compared with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukauu)
    You got woman issues? Either that or you're playing to the lack of logic due to woman issues. Either way it's woman issues.

Time lords do not have a gender. They don't care for gender. As the former Doctor said, only petty humans do. The Master turned into a woman. How many ****ing times? This is SCIENCE FICTION. GET OVER YOUR WOMAN ISSUES.
    You sound mighty triggered.

What do you study? Gender studies?

ReputationRep:
    David Tennant was brilliant as the doctor, and he will always be one of my favourite actors. However, I think some of Matt Smith's storylines were a lot better, but it may just be because I love River Song, I think she is amazing, and most of her storylines were with the 11th doctor, Alex Kingston and Matt Smith had amazing chemistry. I really didn't like Peter Capaldi as the doctor, only enjoying the episodes with Kate Stewart and Osgood in. So for me, it is either David Tennant or Matt Smith.

ReputationRep:
    You sound mighty triggered.

What do you study? Gender studies?
    You sound mighty Trump supporter. Did your mother drop you on your head?

I used logic to diminish your argument that the doctor shouldn't be a woman, you cast petty judgments.

I'm also male, so it's not my gender you're insulting. So I don't really give a ****. I'm more passionate about the show than anything else. It's just dipshits that question the gender like it's not supposed to happen. Yes it is. It's SciFi, it's not your brainchild. Piss OFF.

ReputationRep:
    You sound mighty Trump supporter. Did your mother drop you on your head?

I used logic to diminish your argument that the doctor shouldn't be a woman, you cast petty judgments.

I'm also male, so it's not my gender you're insulting. So I don't really give a ****. I'm more passionate about the show than anything else. It's just dipshits that question the gender like it's not supposed to happen. Yes it is. It's SciFi, it's not your brainchild. Piss OFF.
    Answer my question honey, what do you study?

ReputationRep:
    Answer my question honey, what do you study?
    Look at you trying to get away from the issue, which is the show. You're wrong, accept it.

I study Computer Science darling. Are you done trying to be salty? You look foolish.

ReputationRep:
    Look at you trying to get away from the issue, which is the show. You're wrong, accept it.

I study Computer Science darling. Are you done trying to be salty? You look foolish.
    Honey pie I've never seen the show. I laid the bait for a basic ***** to latch on.

Thanks for the spicy memes m'lady.

ReputationRep:
    Honey pie I've never seen the show. I laid the bait for a basic ***** to latch on.

Thanks for the spicy memes m'lady.
    I'm male lmfao... Nice try though. Anybody that says that **** has woman issues. End of. Peace you little mongoloid.

ReputationRep:
    I'm male lmfao... Nice try though. Anybody that says that **** has woman issues. End of. Peace you little mongoloid.
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    DT. :love:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
    I scanned that. You seem American. Which would explain a lot of things about you.

ReputationRep:
    I scanned that. You seem American. Which would explain a lot of things about you.
    Oh, you got me. I got my ******** clenched here pussy fart

ReputationRep:
    Tbqh anyone who is saying that a female Dr shouldn't happen and goes against what has been seen previously in the show, is woefully un-educated about the history of Dr Who as a show. Main people in the show's production have been saying that they should be considering a female Dr since the 60s and 70s, had the show not been cancelled in '89 it was quite likely the 8th Dr would have been played by a woman, as John Nathan Turner was quite keen on the idea (not saying I like the guy, but at least he got some things right). In fact in the Early 2000s there was an audio featuring Arabella Weir as the Dr (admittedly not handled well, but the idea was out there and officially licensed by the BBC).
    And that's before you take into account that Pat Troughton, Colin Baker, Paul McGann, and most if not all of the modern Dr Whos have said they are behind the idea of a female Dr.
    And anyway, if you are going back to the beginning you have Verity Lambert, the show has always had a 'feminist agenda' as people like to put it.

ReputationRep:
    IMO Capaldi has the best Christmas episodes.

ReputationRep:
    This is a left wing show. I'm sorry, but right wingers have to accept the simple canon fact that the Doctor themselves would not agree with their philosophy. Furthermore, the Doctor already changes personality so much that changing into a woman is hardly going to change it further. I'm sick of people thinking that men and women are so fundamentally different that the Doctor can't possibly change from one to the other, but he can go from William Hartnell to Matt Smith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dxna.s)
    From the 9th Doctor onwards
    David Tennant (10th Doctor) and Matt Smith (11th Doctor)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukvoltaire)
    David Tennant (10th Doctor) and Matt Smith (11th Doctor)!
    Yayyy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.