win a nintendo switch/ ipad/ kindle thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just got that too, gotta start posting more
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yep

(Original post by okayjosie)
      got an email from tsr saying if you post on the app you get entered into a competition to win one of the three prizes stated above, the more you post the more entries you have
      lol, that explains why I see so many users all of a sudden.

Pathetic move by TSR. Yeah, I'm keeping my adblock on for this site.

i realise it was a bit of an obvious incentive to try and get more people onto the app
        Duh. It just shows me that their app is so terrible that even TSR's userbase won't use it unless they hand out prizes.

but hey, who doesnt want a nintendo switch
        Well of course, I'd want one to sell on for some cash.
        • Community Assistant
        • Clearing and Applications Advisor
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        🤝🤝
        Stop spamming the site please.

(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
          Cool, someone in the know.

Is this competition legit? Or did OP make it up?

If so, why even bother clearing up spam, TSR itself is encouraging it.
          • Community Assistant
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by AngeryPenguin)

To the best of my knowledge it's made up, but I have never received the TSR newsletter for some reason. Captain Jack, considering you know about this stuff, do you know the answer?

Well then, continue spamming to your heart's content. That is clearly what TSR is asking for with its promotion.
            • Community Assistant
            • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
            sorry are the screenshot proof not enough
            They are.
            • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
            Exactly. It did say somewhere in the email that posts considered to be spam will not be considered for the competition.

"Terms & Conditions
            Only legitimate posts will be counted towards entry. Posts considered as spam will not be considered for entry."
            • TSR Community Team
            • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
            just trying to win a nintendo switch for my brother mate

If you read the small print, posts have to be genuine or they don't count.

That said, I think TSR generally has far to big a preoccupation with labelling posts as spam. This thread has got a bit silly but it's not spam.

TSR has off topic stuff, it has silly stuff. No one has to read it. This thread is actually quite cool because it's telling everyone about our amazing competition to easily win some really cool tech.

10,000 members already have the app, we're celebrating the launch with a competition we pretty much run monthly for survey filling in etc. So posting on our new platform with a chance to win a games console or tablet is awesome.

How will we police winning posts being good posts on the site? We'll randomly choose the winner, check their posts and if they've posted hundreds of pointless things, we'll draw again. We want to encourage good contributions through the app, if you already use the site and the app, you're in with a good chance of winning.

(Original post by Captain Jack)
              I think TSR generally has far to big a preoccupation with labelling posts as spam.
              I didn't realise you enjoyed trolling, Captain Jack!

This thread is actually quite cool because it's telling everyone about our amazing competition to easily win some really cool tech.
              The word 'amazing' doesn't do this Earth-shatteringly wondrous competition justice!

10,000 members already have the app
              if you already use the site and the app, you're in with a good chance of winning.
              A good chance being 1 in 10,000? Those odds are not even worth the time it takes to install the app.
              • TSR Community Team
              • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
              A good chance being 1 in 10,000? Those odds are not even worth the time it takes to install the app.
              You really are angery 😄
              • TSR Support Team
              • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by Captain Jack)
              You really are angery 😄

ReputationRep:
              Still better then winning a million with the lottery, so I guess it's worth a shot?

(Original post by Future-Barista)
                Still better then winning a million with the lottery, so I guess it's worth a shot?
                Yeah, the catch being "winning a million" rather than a mere "£400" worth of tech (which is probably actually worth less to you; £400 in cash would be better).

1/10000 chance to win £400 worth of tech -> expected gain of £0.04

Not even worth the hassle of installation, let alone using the poorly designed app.

ReputationRep:
                Yeah, the catch being "winning a million" rather than a mere "£400" worth of tech (which is probably actually worth less to you; £400 in cash would be better).

1/10000 chance to win £400 worth of tech -> expected gain of £0.04

Not even worth the hassle of installation, let alone using the poorly designed app.
                You pay for nothing. It doesn't cost to update the app and post stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
              Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.