The Student Room Group

How much revision is every one doing so far in A Level?

Just wondering 🙂

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Honestly/
I've done nothing so far and I'm doing my A levels this year

Should probably start..
i'm doing 3-4 hours a day

trying to light to start with bc if i push into it too heavily my revision plan will collapse.

not sure if what i'm doing counts as revision tho? mainly just doing work teachers set & coursework
what do you mean by revision?
I haven’t had time to go back over any AS topics yet as I have so much work to do & notes to write :/
Reply 5
I'm in Year 13 and I did at least 3-6 hours everyday from the end of Year 12 to the beginning of October (including the Summer holidays) and now I'm completely burnt out and I really regret it :/

I'll probably start again in November.
Reply 6
Nothing but I should start, since I need to go over last year's work and my mocks are coming up soon like in couple of weeks. It's remarkable that I'm doing okay without any revision really, but I shouldn't take it for granted.
Reply 7
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
i'm doing 3-4 hours a day

trying to light to start with bc if i push into it too heavily my revision plan will collapse.

not sure if what i'm doing counts as revision tho? mainly just doing work teachers set & coursework

You’re already doing that much? I’m doing nowhere near that much.... what year are you in?
Reply 8
Original post by charlielotty
I haven’t had time to go back over any AS topics yet as I have so much work to do & notes to write :/

Same, I write my notes which take ages but don’t actually go over them, I guess I haven’t had time..
Reply 9
Original post by asox
Honestly/
I've done nothing so far and I'm doing my A levels this year

Should probably start..

Same I’ve done a bit for small tests, but other than that nothing just been writing notes.
Reply 10
Original post by Twinkybobs
Same I’ve done a bit for small tests, but other than that nothing just been writing notes.

Good to know I'm not the only one!
Reply 11
Doing Maths and Psychology A Levels this year and so far... I’m flunking :’( Still typing up notes for Psychology and Maths is basically a cause for a headache
Original post by dxna.s
Doing Maths and Psychology A Levels this year and so far... I’m flunking :’( Still typing up notes for Psychology and Maths is basically a cause for a headache

I’m doing psychology as well. How you finding it?
Starting off slightly light for about 4 hours a school day and about 6-8 on weekends, when the exam period starts, I will bump this up higher.

I'm Asian, so I don't get worn out that easily.
No revision as of yet as I am finding that my work from teachers is taking about three hours each night after school. I'm waiting for the Christmas break until I get serious about it lol.
Reply 15
I’m doing psychology as well. How you finding it?

Psychology is not bad- out of the 4 A Levels I’m taking, it’s the easiest. Some concepts are a bit weird to get your head around but all in all it’s fine. You?
Reply 16
It's half term for me, and I'm fitting in 4 to 5 hours a day (to revisit AS level stuff)

I usually do 2-3 hours a day on school weeks, but that depends on how many study periods I get on the day.
Original post by dxna.s
Psychology is not bad- out of the 4 A Levels I’m taking, it’s the easiest. Some concepts are a bit weird to get your head around but all in all it’s fine. You?

I wouldn’t say I find it easy, but it isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. In secondary school every one said a levels would be a massive jump but I haven’t really felt like it has been. But there is definitely a lot more stuff you need to know. I also didn’t expect there to be as much maths in psychology. Maybe that’s just me.
Reply 18
I wouldn’t say I find it easy, but it isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. In secondary school every one said a levels would be a massive jump but I haven’t really felt like it has been. But there is definitely a lot more stuff you need to know. I also didn’t expect there to be as much maths in psychology. Maybe that’s just me.

Nah don’t worry, A Levels are definitely a big jump from GCSEs :/
Reply 19
About 3-4 hours on school days, and 5-6 on week ends
My AS sucked, so I'm really trying to push myself to do better this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending