The Student Room Group

What grade would I need for medicine?

Scroll to see replies

If any one has questions about applying to uni feel free to ask me
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by GCSE 9
Hi, I want to do medicine too, how many A*'s did you get at GCSE if you don't mind me asking :smile:

None, I got 2 As, 9 Bs and 2 Cs
A 7 in chemistry should be fine. Equivalent to a B in a-level is what most uni's look for and you'd need a minimum of B equivalent at GCSE for that so 7 should be fine!
Original post by JessicaPace1
None, I got 2 As, 9 Bs and 2 Cs

I got similar grades to you, hopefully we'll both get into medicine, I just wanted to see if anyone was in the same position as me :h:
Original post by GCSE 9
I got similar grades to you, hopefully we'll both get into medicine, I just wanted to see if anyone was in the same position as me :h:

Some unis can be harder such as Sheffield who wants As and A*s, however what’s more important is that you passed your GCSEs, they want to know how you do with A levels
It depends where you want to study, not all universitys are that bothered about gcses most just want C-A* or the equivalent. But top universities want probably 7/8/9s. Remember though if you get hood grades now it will probably be easier at A level as its just expanding on what you already know and more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending