Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get motivated to revise? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I just did my GCSES and I did pretty well, but right now I have no intention of revising even though I know I need to.
    It’s just, the bereft of revision and homework I did in year 11 which led to my admirable grades has left me in a state, where I don’t want to revise anymore nor do homework.
    Thank You
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Mahfuz34)
    So I just did my GCSES and I did pretty well, but right now I have no intention of revising even though I know I need to.
    It’s just, the bereft of revision and homework I did in year 11 which led to my admirable grades has left me in a state, where I don’t want to revise anymore nor do homework.
    Thank You
    No need to revise till later.
    Try and keep your notes up to date.
    More work you do this year then the less you have to do next.

Think about what your A levels will enable you to do.
    Think about what happens if you do no work.

ReputationRep:
    It's about forming a habit. For instance I always study when I'm travelling so keep my cheat sheet book with me and use spare moments while on the bus.

Also revising just before sleep is supposed to be good, so my index cards are going to be by the bed to go through before I sleep and then when I wake up.

I can't see why you need to really push it unless your doing resits/mocks this year. As someone advised me on here, just 20 minutes a day keep it ticking over.

ReputationRep:
    Fail. Not revising enough in year 12 might permanently affect you, for instance if you're taking maths and get a D in year 12, you can't resit your entire year 12 course so you're effectively limiting how well you can do overall, after year 13 (if that makes sense). Also, recognise that your AS grades will determine your predicted grades, which are half of the fight to getting accepted into a university. If you don't revise in year 12 and get three Ds, then you'll never get into a university expecting BBB or AAA (although I'm 99% sure you know that).
    What I'm saying is not that you need to revise (you know that), but that you need to be scared about not revising; how do you do this? Imagine what will happen if you don't revise. I hope this helps, but before trying to torment yourself into revising, try some of the other suggestions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.