Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have been best? Friends with this girl for over a year, I moved towns so making friends was a bit hard since it was it was half way through the school year. And a lot had happened before the move so I was still wasn’t in the best place, we became friends through the fact we shared an interest in vintage fashion, and later found out she’d gone through a really similar situation as I was at the time. But about 6 months of being inseparable she started acting really different towards me, as in saying spiteful things then asking me “why’d you look so upset” she’d say I’m “insecure”. She would and still does humiliate me in front of people to either get what she wants or to make her awkward situation less awkward (example: her boyfriend) talking of boyfriends she went out with a guy I liked but only like me as a friend lol. She asked for my consent which was nice but then added “I’m gonna do it anyway but” she seems to get everything I can’t have or I do have but she’ll make sure it’s better. If I try to vent or explain my problems she gets kinda angry or acts as if she doesn’t really care. She (again) brings up my problems in a normal conversation with other people. She has created multiple problems with our mutual friends, if I get too close she gets close to them to it’s so frustrating. Recently our friend called me a “tag along” but she seemed amused by the situation. I need to drop her but then she’ll make me feel bad? Idk to do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Toxic. Get rid

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.