Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Here is something, when I declare my condition and have no formal qualifications to college they call in there disability advisers they give me nothing accept crappy course offers like independent living alongside maths and English full time, these courses are not valued to employers like BTECH, potential employers would most likely laugh at my cv and the worst part is I won't gain much hands on skill.

I wanted to do level 1 btech in I.T but for some reason, I keep getting blocked and then sent on some pretty **** course options.

I wanted to become systems engineer, and have no formal qualifications any advice should I do something engineering based or I.T based?

Spoiler:
    Show

:bricks::bricks::broken:

ReputationRep:
    Maths and English are absolutely valued by employers. And if you want to be a systems engineer you will absolutely need maths and English to even be considered to be let onto any training/ courses.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Here is something, when I declare my condition and have no formal qualifications to college they call in there disability advisers they give me nothing accept crappy course offers like independent living alongside maths and English full time, these courses are not valued to employers like BTECH, potential employers would most likely laugh at my cv and the worst part is I won't gain much hands on skill.

I wanted to do level 1 btech in I.T but for some reason, I keep getting blocked and then sent on some pretty **** course options.

I wanted to become systems engineer, and have no formal qualifications any advice should I do something engineering based or I.T based?
    SophieSmall's point above I largely agree with.

What's your career plan at the moment, if you have one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    SophieSmall's point above I largely agree with.

What's your career plan at the moment, if you have one?
    em

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.