Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get two 9s, and 8, 7A*s and 1A this year for my GCSES (10A*1A) and now in sixth form studying History, English Lit, Psychology and Biology.
    I am really hoping to get 4As at AS next year.
    Recently I have been wondering what unis I should start looking at for law, and aiming for Russell Groups. I'm considering Kings College, UCL, Nottingham, Bristol, and maybe Oxford but I don't think I can get in to oxford haha.
    Could u please leave some recommendations on ur thoughts on unis for law? I have also briefly looked at Exeter.
    I would genuinely prefer a uni close to city, And not too far (I'm near London) so not like Scotland.
    Also, if u are doing/have done law at uni could u explain how hard the LNAT is (I have no clue!), things to include in personal statements and the overall application process would be really helpful!
    I will not be doing an EPQ as my school does not offer it so would this also affect my application?
    Thank u!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm going to suggest the 5 I've just applied to because obviously I liked them the most (:
    1. Cambridge
    2. Durham
    3. UCL
    4. LSE
    5. Bristol

All of these need A*AA

If you want to apply to unis with slightly lower grades I would recommend:
    6. Leeds
    7. Exeter
    8. York

If I were you I'd make sure not ALL of your choices need LNAT because if you mess this up then it will jeopardise all of your uni choices (hence why I chose Cambridge and LSE as they don't require this admissions test).

LNAT is very hard and I'm doing it next week (I hate it and cannot do it!)

Not doing an EPQ won't disadvantage your application.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your reply!! Wow I hope you get into those unis, good luck for your lnat!!
    Do u have any tips on preparing for the LNAT? And if you don't mind me asking of course what results did u get for GCSES/AS? I just want to see if I have a shot at getting in to some of these haha

(Original post by asox)
    Well I'm going to suggest the 5 I've just applied to because obviously I liked them the most (:
    1. Cambridge
    2. Durham
    3. UCL
    4. LSE
    5. Bristol

All of these need A*AA

If you want to apply to unis with slightly lower grades I would recommend:
    6. Leeds
    7. Exeter
    8. York

If I were you I'd make sure not ALL of your choices need LNAT because if you mess this up then it will jeopardise all of your uni choices (hence why I chose Cambridge and LSE as they don't require this admissions test).

LNAT is very hard and I'm doing it next week (I hate it and cannot do it!)

Not doing an EPQ won't disadvantage your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flosiphy)
    Thank you so much for your reply!! Wow I hope you get into those unis, good luck for your lnat!!
    Do u have any tips on preparing for the LNAT? And if you don't mind me asking of course what results did u get for GCSES/AS? I just want to see if I have a shot at getting in to some of these haha
    I got 9A*2A at GCSE

However don’t let your GCSE grades put you off applying to a top university - other than oxford, quite a lot of the top universities for law don’t put too much weighting on GCSEs.

As for LNAT, the only way to improve on the multiple choice is to practice. I bought a book of questions and did them all - that’s the only advice I have really for that! Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine!! Thank you anyway❣️

(Original post by asox)
    I got 9A*2A at GCSE

However don’t let your GCSE grades put you off applying to a top university - other than oxford, quite a lot of the top universities for law don’t put too much weighting on GCSEs.

As for LNAT, the only way to improve on the multiple choice is to practice. I bought a book of questions and did them all - that’s the only advice I have really for that! Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.