Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cross referral and referral questions Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've had psoriasis most of my life and have recently developed a lot of joint inflammation which I believed to be Psoriasistic Arthitiris. My gp has finally referred me to a Rheumatologist, I also asked to be referred to a Dermatologist, but they told me it's possible for a Rheumatologist to cross refer me to a Dematologist if the need is there. Is this correct? Or should I just fight for a referral at my gp?

Also, I got told I'd receive a letter to book an appointment, how long does that usually take? Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "mature"student)
    Hi, I've had psoriasis most of my life and have recently developed a lot of joint inflammation which I believed to be Psoriasistic Arthitiris. My gp has finally referred me to a Rheumatologist, I also asked to be referred to a Dermatologist, but they told me it's possible for a Rheumatologist to cross refer me to a Dematologist if the need is there. Is this correct? Or should I just fight for a referral at my gp?

Also, I got told I'd receive a letter to book an appointment, how long does that usually take? Thanks.
    Rheumy should be able to send you onto a dermatologist if need be. They're probably the best person to be seeing for potential arthritis anyway though. Dermatologist would probably be better if the rheumy can't work it out or after they have diagnosed it.
    You might find this site helpful btw. It has forums for various conditions including at least some forms of arthritis. People over there should be able to help you out with more specific questions or concerns you may have.
    https://healthunlocked.com/find

Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for the reply. See the Rheumy is who I need to see for the Arthritis, but the skin Psoriasis is something I have anyway and is getting worse. What I'm worried about is having to wait for a long time to see a Rheumy and then having to wait even longer to see a Dermatologist about my skin because my gp simply didn't refer me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.