(Original post by JHS11)
    Classics
    Exeter and Bristol
    Both AAA, although Exeter offered me AAB if i make them my firm
    well done! both Newcastle and Leeds offered me AAB with EPQ haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspectives)
    omG agREED on the Northern thing
    The most southern university I applied for was Cambridge, the rest are all northern I swear I have no bias !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Architecture

Camb
    UCL
    Newcaslte
    Cardiff
    Sheffield

Offer: None yet, all acknowledged, all waiting for me to send in portfolios.:burnout:

Spoiler:
    Show

maybe find some potential course friends in the comments? Yes please!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    The most southern university I applied for was Cambridge, the rest are all northern I swear I have no bias !!!!!

same but w oxford !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspectives)
    same but w oxford !
    Hahaha we are very similar

ReputationRep:
    You should watch the youtuber ibz mo's video about Exeter uni
    (Original post by JHS11)
    Classics
    Exeter and Bristol
    Both AAA, although Exeter offered me AAB if i make them my firm

ReputationRep:
    I got all 5
    Nottingham
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Swansea
    Lincoln
    Ended up making Swansea my firm even though I only intended to have it as an insurance!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf5238)
    Architecture

Camb
    UCL
    Newcaslte
    Cardiff
    Sheffield

Offer: None yet, all acknowledged, all waiting for me to send in portfolios.:burnout:

Spoiler:
    Show

maybe find some potential course friends in the comments? Yes please!!

I'm applying for Architecture at Sheffield too! Haven't actually applied yet - I will be the week or so I get back though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFame)
    I'm applying for Architecture at Sheffield too! Haven't actually applied yet - I will be the week or so I get back though...
    Really? That's great! Did you go to the open day too?

I went to the architecture subject talk they had during their open day this year, and i found it quite interesting! Which other unis are you considering applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's great! Did you go to the open day too?

I went to the architecture subject talk they had during their open day this year, and i found it quite interesting! Which other unis are you considering applying to?
    I went to the open day in July and fell in love with it! Sheffield is definitely my first choice, just got to get an offer first haha. I was way too scared to use the paternoster lift though
    I'm applying to Uni of Liverpool, Leeds Beckett, Uni of Lincoln, and Liverpool John Moores. LJM is kind of a back up for me in case my portfolio bombs in all the other ones...

ReputationRep:
    Law

Oxford - acknowledgement
    UCL - acknowledgement
    LSE - further consideration
    KCL - acknowledgement
    Manchester - received conditional offer: AAA

ReputationRep:
    History

Oxford- got acknowledgement + college email
    UCL- acknowledgement
    LSE - just acknowledgement
    QMUL- BBB offer if I get an A in epq or ABB
    Nottingham- acknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    Natural sciences - Exeter - AAB
    (acknowledgements from UCL Durham St Andrews Cambridge)

ReputationRep:
    So far I have 3 offers for Law: AAA* QMUL, BBB City and unconditional if formed for Herts.

Waiting on KCL and Oxford - my realistic first choice is KCL by I won't know until February :/

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day in July and fell in love with it! Sheffield is definitely my first choice, just got to get an offer first haha. I was way too scared to use the paternoster lift though
    I'm applying to Uni of Liverpool, Leeds Beckett, Uni of Lincoln, and Liverpool John Moores. LJM is kind of a back up for me in case my portfolio bombs in all the other ones...

OH, thats exciting! but ughh I'm stressing out over my portfolio right now!! My first deadline is Nov 2nd, they only gave me 3 weeks to get everything together!! :afraid: HOW IS THAT ENOUGH TIME YOU TELL ME!

and saaameee oh my gosh, that lift, I thought it was time for me to die :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Engineering
    Kent: DDD
    Liverpool: CDD

Manchester has rejected me so it's just Queen Mary and York now!

ReputationRep:
    OH, thats exciting! but ughh I'm stressing out over my portfolio right now!! My first deadline is Nov 2nd, they only gave me 3 weeks to get everything together!! :afraid: HOW IS THAT ENOUGH TIME YOU TELL ME!

and saaameee oh my gosh, that lift, I thought it was time for me to die :eek:
    Tbh, I have quite a bit of my portfolio ready. It really calms my anxiety when I sit and mess about with the website I'm using for it, so naturally I've wound up having it just abouts ready to send off! Just got a few more pieces to complete, though... I think the thing that's stressing me out the most is actually submitting my application through UCAS - I'm way too nervous to do it!

How are you finding the extra task from Sheffield? I've read about it in the portfolio guide, but I haven't a clue where I'll go with it haha

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I have quite a bit of my portfolio ready. It really calms my anxiety when I sit and mess about with the website I'm using for it, so naturally I've wound up having it just abouts ready to send off! Just got a few more pieces to complete, though... I think the thing that's stressing me out the most is actually submitting my application through UCAS - I'm way too nervous to do it!

How are you finding the extra task from Sheffield? I've read about it in the portfolio guide, but I haven't a clue where I'll go with it haha

ughhh dont even remind me about the sheffield task, WHy are they making it so complicated for us T_T
    i have no clue on Gods good earth how the hell i'm gonna do it, but i better hurry up and come up with something cause theres literally a week left till the deadline :ahee::ahee:

But well done for sorting out your portfolio so quickly!!! I'M ENVIOUSSSS and super admiring you right now.

BUT! you've got the easiest part out the way, UCAS is nothing in comparison, so dont even stress and go ahead with it! let me know if you need any help with it, since i'm doing architecture too, it'll be great for us to swap info and keep in touch crii. i actually dont know anyone in real-life whos doing architecture too, all my friends went into either medicine/dentistry or accounting

Spoiler:
    Show

sorry about the GOD AWFUL grammar and punctuation, it's totally agitating me too but i'm so tired today, i just got home and wanna just sit here and stare in to space. WHY DOES IT NOT AUTO CAPITALISE ON A LAPTOP???

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge
    Exeter
    Leeds
    Birmingham
    Warwick

Applying for Law

ATM I got offers from Exeter(AAA) and Leeds(initally AAA turned to ABB)

ReputationRep:
    Applying for maths
    Oxford- acknowledged
    Imperial-acknowledged
    Durham-nothing??!
    Birmingham (ABB if firm, AAA otherwise)
    Warwick (A*A*AA)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.