The Student Room Group

Yr 12 Advice

I’ve started at a new school, it’s very competitive and the majority of people are taking mostly sciences and are aiming for oxbridge and/or medicine. On the other hand I am currently taking English Lit, Geography, Politics and Music (most likely gonna drop music at the end of this year). I think I wanna work in a job with children when I’m older but no clue what to do, I know there’s no pressure on it at the moment but I do wanna start to think a bit more about what I wanna do - any advice?
Reply 1
working with children requires experience and for any qualifications usually includes basic maths and English. depending on your job, it may require science but a levels r extremely vague qualifications
so I say either find the sorts of job u want to do and see their requirements and change ur subjects accordingly or continue the subjects u enjoy and take specific courses in university or outside of current job
ensure to get a job with children or volunteer a lot to build ur cv and gain experience
See if you can sort out some volunteering now, maybe at a nursery, primary school etc. Unis like to see long term commitment. If you don't do any extra curriculars like sport, NCS, DofE, maybe look into that

Quick Reply

Latest