Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys okay i have a dilemma.

i have just completed work experience at the home office and iam so interested in the Law now and i am considereing become a lawyer, either a solicitor or barrister im leaning more towards solicitor i want to take Law and Criminology and University is this enough knowledge for me to learn to apply in the real world and is the bar Exam really hard ofc everything is hard but do you have to be academically advanced to do the bar.

is it advisable for me to de law and criminology and then as a masters or posrtgraduate do the LLB im just really confused HELP i definitely dont want to do a pure Law degree.

I Would just like some advice maybe from a law studnt or someone who knows about it so i can figure out whether to apply for law or crimonolgy and law at UCAS

THANKS XXXX
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britney123)
    Hey guys okay i have a dilemma.

i have just completed work experience at the home office and iam so interested in the Law now and i am considereing become a lawyer, either a solicitor or barrister im leaning more towards solicitor i want to take Law and Criminology and University is this enough knowledge for me to learn to apply in the real world and is the bar Exam really hard ofc everything is hard but do you have to be academically advanced to do the bar.

is it advisable for me to de law and criminology and then as a masters or posrtgraduate do the LLB im just really confused HELP i definitely dont want to do a pure Law degree.

I Would just like some advice maybe from a law studnt or someone who knows about it so i can figure out whether to apply for law or crimonolgy and law at UCAS

THANKS XXXX
    You could compromise and do a law and criminology which is an LLB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You could compromise and do a law and criminology which is an LLB?
    could you elaborate please sorry what do you mean?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    could you elaborate please sorry what do you mean?
    There's undergraduate degrees in law and criminology which are llbs so you won't have to do post-grad but you don't have to do straight law seems like the compromise for you

ReputationRep:
    There's undergraduate degrees in law and criminology which are llbs so you won't have to do post-grad but you don't have to do straight law seems like the compromise for you
    oh wow seriously!!! i had no idea, do you know what universities do law and crimininology llb's i have never seen that before. right now im just looking at the training contracts to see what happens when i finish uni

thank you xxxx
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    oh wow seriously!!! i had no idea, do you know what universities do law and crimininology llb's i have never seen that before. right now im just looking at the training contracts to see what happens when i finish uni

thank you xxxx
    There's loads that come up it seems like Manchester,Lancaster and Cardiff to name a few

ReputationRep:
    There's loads that come up it seems like Manchester,Lancaster and Cardiff to name a few
    Thank you so much i owe you won you have made it so much more easier for me to be able to find out what i am lookig for i had no idea there was such thing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.