Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Because I moved out of my parents house and my circumstances changed, I needed to apply for maintainence loan. I applied around end of September/last week of september. When on the phone, the man said that once I had filled out a form and sent it back, it would take 21 days to process and then it should automatically update online and I should be apply through that. However it as been over 21 days now and I have not received any updates and nothing has changed online whatsoever.

I am panicking a little bit as obviously I don't have much money else I would not need to apply for help so am worried about how I will manage financially.
    Does anyone have any advice or can tell me how long this usually takes? They said I did not need to provide anymore evidence and for me and my partner to fill out forms, both of which were sent first class back to Student Finance England the day we received them!

Many thanks,
    Callie
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callie:P)
    Hi,
    Because I moved out of my parents house and my circumstances changed, I needed to apply for maintainence loan. I applied around end of September/last week of september. When on the phone, the man said that once I had filled out a form and sent it back, it would take 21 days to process and then it should automatically update online and I should be apply through that. However it as been over 21 days now and I have not received any updates and nothing has changed online whatsoever.

I am panicking a little bit as obviously I don't have much money else I would not need to apply for help so am worried about how I will manage financially.
    Does anyone have any advice or can tell me how long this usually takes? They said I did not need to provide anymore evidence and for me and my partner to fill out forms, both of which were sent first class back to Student Finance England the day we received them!

Many thanks,
    Callie
    Hi Callie,

Change of Circumstance forms are currently taking 20 working days, that is four weeks from receipt, you would then be reassesed as living elsewhere.

If those timescales have passed, and there has been no update to your online account, in order to advise you better then give us a call on

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: October 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.