Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im 17, in my second year of alevels and got AAB in Maths, Psychology and Chemistry last year. I cant find a job and ive applied everywhere, any help or advice? Thank you guys!

ReputationRep:
    I'm quitting my job after January for a levels, I was working 20+ hours last year during as and it impacted my grades so be careful not to overwork if you do get a job, supermarkets often have jobs going and pay good but I find working for smaller/ family run businesses tend to be more enjoyable and flexible
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I'm only in my first year, I think you should start off small; don't rush off for the big stuff, just try a bit of retail in Primark or where ever, but that depends on what you're looking for in your part time job.

Are you looking for money? Then, I'm sure you have a wide range of places to see and apply to.

Are you looking for experience? Now, THIS is much harder if you have a certain career in mind that you would like an insight to because there are often shortages of spaces, but if you're looking for medicine then try being a receptionist in your local GP.

Anyway, I hope this helped! Keep your head high, and remember not everything is going to come straight away!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How many jobs have you applied for? It's depressing but it's not exactly uncommon to have to apply for a lot of jobs before you even hear back for an interview. And by a lot, I mean 100+

ReputationRep:
    I think especially at your age where you're mostly applying for unskilled/part-time work, the most important thing that they're looking for is not the grades - so ensure to promote more social things/experience/activities/hobbies, and why you think you'll be perfect for the job in some kind of cover letter or as part of the personal statement in your CV.

You're up against a few different types of people so I wouldn't get disheartened if you don't get it at the first few times, it sometimes takes a few attempt/applications to find the perfect one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.