Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why don't I have a boyfriend? Watch

Fff
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Idk, maybe your personality is not all that, or simply the boys aren't looking for a girl right now. And no asain boys don't just go for whites, they hit up asain girls too (a common thing many asain girls tend to believe). Maybe, you should make a move instead of waiting for guys to get to you? It will make it much easier for men.

Anyways don't just hook up just because you don't have a boyfriend. Hook up because you love someone, not just to show them off. It depends if you want it to be a proper relationship or sexual-both of which are fine, you just wasn't specific lol. Anyways chill, if you know your pretty, you could probs get the guys you want, just flirt with them heavy lol

ReputationRep:
    Part of it's probably because you're looking for one in the way you are. It may seem paradoxical but if you're really fussed about it and upset as to why its not happening its probs a bit offputting. Just put it out of your head, do something else with your time and something will come along

ReputationRep:
    Asian?

East
    South

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayflower320)
    I don't understand why I don't have a boyfriend...I'm Asian btw so I'm generally interested in Asian guys..anyway I feel like I am quite pretty and guys have shown interest..and one guy even asked me out once in high school...but I have just started college and I wanna know why I can't get one
    m8 there are plenty of desperate guys. Trust me I know them

Ggggg
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered making the first move? Because that's acceptable in 2017.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why I don't have a boyfriend...I'm Asian btw so I'm generally interested in Asian guys..anyway I feel like I am quite pretty and guys have shown interest..and one guy even asked me out once in high school...but I have just started college and I wanna know why I can't get one
    First of all I'd like to say anyone can get a bf/gf but obviously you need a good guy.

You could do a few things such as join clubs or go to events that your college offers.

Maybe you can change your dress code a little and wear brighter colours to attract guys.

Be more sociable and talkative if you aren't already.
    This way you'll meet a lot of people.

Be more talkative

(Original post by Kevin Hodge)
      Make sure your rotis are round.
      😂😂

ReputationRep:

People are people. You can find love whatever the skin colour of the other person.

Racism is extremely unattractive to the opposite sex. It is to your own sex too, actually.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by generallee)
      Maybe because you are a racist??

People are people. You can find love whatever the skin colour of the other person.

Racism is extremely unattractive to the opposite sex. It is to your own sex too, actually.
      what if she wants someone racist too?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      why do you have to state that its acceptable in 2017?

you do know that its acceptable in any timeline during human history ....so i dont understand why people have to state as something acceptable just because of what year we are in

Don't wanna seem rude but boys are humans as well and are not trophies you can claim. The way you generalize and you seem to only care about boys in the sense as a boyfriends and not anything else...

Wtf? It's not racism it's called being honest...I don't know if u noticed but white women in general tend to marry white men...same with African people..and Indian people etc...it's just natural because u can relate more because you are from the same ethnic background..for gods sake I dislike people who call every little thing racism..stop misusing the word

ReputationRep:

It's not racist to have a sexual preference. You can't decide who you're sexually attracted to.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Wtf? It's not racism it's called being honest...I don't know if u noticed but white women in general tend to marry white men...same with African people..and Indian people etc...it's just natural because u can relate more because you are from the same ethnic background..for gods sake I dislike people who call every little thing racism..stop misusing the word
      Are you racist though? If not, then ignore the poster. Many people tend to reflect their own biases on others. It is not your place to change everyone.

To your original post, I think you should come out of your shell and meet people. Don't just expect Asian guys to make the first move. Else, you may wait a long time.
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by study beats)
      why do you have to state that its acceptable in 2017?

you do know that its acceptable in any timeline during human history ....so i dont understand why people have to state as something acceptable just because of what year we are in
      Because people genuinely believe that the guy should always make the first move, even now.

It actually hasn't been widely accepted in any timeline. Historically, men were expected to make the first move and that tradition still lives in the mind of people to this day.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mc_miah)
      Maybe, you should make a move instead of waiting for guys to get to you? It will make it much easier for men.
      (Original post by UWS)

Something I have noticed for a while now is that I have never been approached by a south asian girl before, nor have I ever seen one approach another male on a night out, typically on a night out I will usually get a girl coming upto me [sometimes she just seems to want to flirt, sometimes she just wants to dance, sometimes a bit more.......] but never have I got a south asian girl come upto me, and never have I seen one go upto another guy either.

I have come to the conclusion that south asian girls simply do not approach men.
      When you look at their culture, the men and woman have strong stereotypical gender roles ..unlike western females who like to do stuff men do

south asian women generally wait for men to approach them -as keeping with the gender roles

unless she's a little bit of a south asian rebel I doubt she will heed the advice and actually start approaching dude's.........

ReputationRep:
      I mean you could try making a first move or approach someone, it doesn’t have to be in a
      sexual way because it might progress?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.