The Student Room Group

Why don't I have a boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
it is not unheard of for the girl to approach the guy you know.
Just try to talk and approach them Priya.

I'm an Indian guy and I've only dated Indian girls. So people like me do exist.

Although ethnicity is not really important for me, but how much a girl values Hinduism definitely is.
Original post by CuriousGuy777
Just try to talk and approach them Priya.

I'm an Indian guy and I've only dated Indian girls. So people like me do exist.

Although ethnicity is not really important for me, but how much a girl values Hinduism definitely is.

My name is not Priya 😂😂
Reply 23
Because you sit around feeling sorry for yourself instead of making the first move.
Original post by Mayflower320
My name is not Priya 😂😂

That's what your bio says so it's your fault.
Original post by CuriousGuy777
That's what your bio says so it's your fault.

I made it up sorry
Original post by UWS
Have you considered making the first move? Because that's acceptable in 2017.

Why does the girl have to make the first move all the time nowadays?
Original post by Tango_1771
Wtf? It's not racism it's called being honest...I don't know if u noticed but white women in general tend to marry white men...same with African people..and Indian people etc...it's just natural because u can relate more because you are from the same ethnic background..for gods sake I dislike people who call every little thing racism..stop misusing the word

Being honest is nothing to do with this. Being honest about being racist doesn't make it any better.

And how am I "misusing the word?"

The dictionary definition is:

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Not estimating someone from another race as being good enough for consideration as a boyfriend , purely on racial grounds, not from any other assessment of character, is a textbook example of someone exactly meeting that definition.
Original post by generallee
Being honest is nothing to do with this. Being honest about being racist doesn't make it any better.

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Not estimating someone from another race as being good enough for consideration as a boyfriend , purely on racial grounds, not from any other assessment of character, is a textbook example of someone exactly meeting that definition.

When did I ever say that my race is superior?? I didn't even hint it!!! What's wrong with u? U are taking offence for no reason...I was simply saying who I would be interested in because I would relate with them more because I am from the SAME CULTURE as them.::so calm down ...I never said anything about good enough either

Nothing wrong with having a racial preference. It’s more about shared identity and norms than it is about feeling superior. Not at all comparable to actual discrimination or antagonism rooted in racism. I didn’t expect you to get so triggered over this.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
They still very rarely do...

Guys these days are expecting women to make the first move. Which is what I meant...
Original post by loveleest
Guys these days are expecting women to make the first move. Which is what I meant...

No they’re not.
When did I ever say that my race is superior?? I didn't even hint it!!! What's wrong with u? U are taking offence for no reason...I was simply saying who I would be interested in because I would relate with them more because I am from the SAME CULTURE as them.::so calm down ...I never said anything about good enough either

I am getting confused here.

I replied to a poster called Mayflower, you (Tango) responded to that, and now are being defensive about my reply to something the original poster (Mayflower) said.

Are you and Mayflower one and the same poster or something??
I am getting confused here.

I replied to a poster called Mayflower, you (Tango) responded to that, and now are being defensive about my reply to something the original poster (Mayflower) said.

Are you and Mayflower one and the same poster or something??

No...but can we all stop posting on this thread because the notifications are getting annoying
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Nothing wrong with having a racial preference. It’s more about shared identity and norms than it is about feeling superior. Not at all comparable to actual discrimination or antagonism rooted in racism. I didn’t expect you to get so triggered over this.

Fair enough, that makes a lot of sense. I accept your point.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
No they’re not.

So why is it that every single time a thread like this is made you get guys insisting the women to make the first move or approach first?
Original post by loveleest
So why is it that every single time a thread like this is made you get guys insisting the women to make the first move or approach first?

No one’s insisting women make the first move. They’re just advising OP specifically that if she’s not getting approached for whatever reason, then there’s no shame in making the first move herself. No one owes OP a date; she’s not entitled to something just because of her sex. The same applies to guys who whine about not getting dates.
Stoppppppp talking ...please everyone it's annoying
Stoppppppp talking ...please everyone it's annoying

You can click “unwatch thread” if you don’t want to receive notifications? Or contact a moderator to close your thread. Chill.
Have you tried apps like Tinder? Might help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending