Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So, I was studying BSc Computer Science at University of Leicester and I failed a module last year and the resit so I quit. However, this year I noticed that Leicester Uni have started teaching Software Engineer.
    Would I be able to apply for next year? Because I am an Ex Student

ReputationRep:
    You will probably be allowed but remember they're going to question you previous enrolment, if you didn't attend lectures and missed deadlines etc, you may struggle. If there was a reason (illness, mental health) that you failed last year then you'll be fine but if not maybe apply for a different uni?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I found the module hard and that’s why I failed the resit as well because the paper was different to what I was expecting, I checked on the website, Software Engineer doesn’t do that module...
    I really want to study at UoL as well...
    hopefully they’ll let me stay, I’m going to email the department as well, just to make sure
    (Original post by Thalamic)
    You will probably be allowed but remember they're going to question you previous enrolment, if you didn't attend lectures and missed deadlines etc, you may struggle. If there was a reason (illness, mental health) that you failed last year then you'll be fine but if not maybe apply for a different uni?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by kms33)
    Hi
    So, I was studying BSc Computer Science at University of Leicester and I failed a module last year and the resit so I quit. However, this year I noticed that Leicester Uni have started teaching Software Engineer.
    Would I be able to apply for next year? Because I am an Ex Student
    Hi there,

I'm glad you found something you really want to do. Did you get the guidance you needed from your department?

All the best,
    Jai

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.