Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so I've always been with a few friendship crowds bc I get tight with a lot of people
    Ultimately then I had my two closest crowds, with two people in it each, but they weren't really close with each other
    I've been tight with crowd 1 for years, they're loyal and I love them to bits, tbf I was a bit of an idiot and though i still hung out with them I left them a bit for crowd 2
    Anyway then I kind of moved back to crowd 1 though I've stayed close to crowd 2, been going on for a few months
    And the 2 people in crowd 2 have been very distant with me recently, with one of them we blocked each other on snap, think it started as a joke but then got serious as we haven't talked in about a week
    And the other person I'm really hurting about. We used to be so so close and now she's being cold and barely talking to me, I know I'm not her only friend but she's pushing me away and I can't help feeling soso hurt because I feel like I've done something wrong, but I know if I confront her she'll deny it, think I'm being over dramatic and probably just go even further away
    I know majority of people will say to drop them bc I put so much effort into them and they put so much into me but I can't help but feel intensely hurt by it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about that. But I think you jumping between crowds isn't helping things either. And blocking each other on snap and other social media isn't going to help much you know?! It's difficult to balance different groups like that and sometimes you need to make a choice. Mind you, it's not going to be pretty but at least you make a decision and then you move on. It's difficult but it's a step towards trying to make it better. You are hurting now because you are caught between two worlds and it's tearing you apart.

(Original post by Shunu)
    Sorry to hear about that. But I think you jumping between crowds isn't helping things either. And blocking each other on snap and other social media isn't going to help much you know?! It's difficult to balance different groups like that and sometimes you need to make a choice. Mind you, it's not going to be pretty but at least you make a decision and then you move on. It's difficult but it's a step towards trying to make it better. You are hurting now because you are caught between two worlds and it's tearing you apart.
    yeahh I agree esp bc I can be quite emotional and sensitive loool
    I've been in the same friendship situation for a few months bow so I don't think I'm prioritising one over the other it's just I get the feeling imnot good enough for them anymore, they don't really need me

ReputationRep:
    High school girls are petty as pls learn that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeahh I agree esp bc I can be quite emotional and sensitive loool
    I've been in the same friendship situation for a few months bow so I don't think I'm prioritising one over the other it's just I get the feeling imnot good enough for them anymore, they don't really need me
    No!! Don't do that. Ever. It's not something to be proud of. Degrading yourself because of the people around you. And trust me, it's not noble either. Not right now at least.

Why don't you try talking to them? I know, you told that your friend would probably deny anything you bring up but at least she'll know this is going on in your head. And you never know, maybe talking to her could help her realize that she's hurting her friend. That you guys are hurting each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shezzax)
    High school girls are petty as pls learn that
    Can't say how much I agree with that. But it does a lot of damage emotionally. Irrespective of the intensity of the issue.

ReputationRep:
    I use to do that and I was able to keep both friendship groups

(Original post by Shunu)
    No!! Don't do that. Ever. It's not something to be proud of. Degrading yourself because of the people around you. And trust me, it's not noble either. Not right now at least.

Why don't you try talking to them? I know, you told that your friend would probably deny anything you bring up but at least she'll know this is going on in your head. And you never know, maybe talking to her could help her realize that she's hurting her friend. That you guys are hurting each other.
    I think it might have to come to that because my emotional state cannot handle insecurity right now but I really don't want to be seen as overdramatic

(Original post by Seungy_Han)
    I use to do that and I was able to keep both friendship groups
    It's not that I can't keep them i mean I've got quite a few but like theyre distancing themselves from me and ican't help but feel responsible

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I can't keep them i mean I've got quite a few but like theyre distancing themselves from me and ican't help but feel responsible
    Be more confident

ReputationRep:
    I think it might have to come to that because my emotional state cannot handle insecurity right now but I really don't want to be seen as overdramatic
    Talking is not overdramatic. Just figure out what you want to clear up. Just try and stay calm throughout the talk. It could be difficult depending on how the conversation goes but just try. okay?

(Original post by Shunu)
    Talking is not overdramatic. Just figure out what you want to clear up. Just try and stay calm throughout the talk. It could be difficult depending on how the conversation goes but just try. okay?
    will do thank you

(Original post by Seungy_Han)
    Be more confident
    defo going to be bc like they need to see that I'm not a beg and I will not be a beg to them so they can see how life is without me, if they want to make an effort then we'll see

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.