Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Difference between a crush and lust? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think I like a girl but I'm horny almost all the time and if it turns out to be just lust I don't want to waste their time. Any way to tell the difference?

Do you still think about them after you’ve masturbated?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    With a crush, you think about making a life with them and unrealistically beautiful babies and dying old in a good postcode

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself what it is you like about her. If it’s purely down to physical appearance/clothing then it’s probably lust. If it’s something else (e.g her mannerisms/demeanour) might be a crush
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think lust is more shallow considering you're mainly just trying to bang them because of their body.

You probably like them for them (including personality) in a crush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I think lust is more shallow considering you're mainly just trying to bang them because of their body.
    Exactly, if it turns out to be lust then I might hurt their feelings which i don't want to do...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wadduphoes67849)
    Exactly, if it turns out to be lust then I might hurt their feelings which i don't want to do...
    Sounds like FWB could be an option, but only if she wants that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    With a crush, you think about making a life with them and unrealistically beautiful babies and dying old in a good postcode
    This basically.

People I've lusted after have been - for want of a nice way of putting it - 'F**k and chuck' as in not a life partner or anything (and yes I did explain I wasn't in it for a relationship) whereas girlfriends have all been people I can see myself settling down with etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.