Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any help or advice to give for the interviews for medicine?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaPace1)
    Does anyone have any help or advice to give for the interviews for medicine?
    Hey there,

There's lots and lots that you can do to prepare for interviews - reread your personal statement, look at current healthcare stories, research the med school you are applying to, make sure that you have a good understanding of various medical ethics debates and so on.

What I would consider as more important is not exactly what you say, but how you say it. My best piece of advice would just be to get comfortable with discussing your thoughts and ideas, making sure that you speak confidently and naturally. This will make you come across as such a strong candidate; they are looking for people who have the ability to act as humans and not just recite GMC documents

Good luck with your interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor2be2022)
    Hey there,

There's lots and lots that you can do to prepare for interviews - reread your personal statement, look at current healthcare stories, research the med school you are applying to, make sure that you have a good understanding of various medical ethics debates and so on.

What I would consider as more important is not exactly what you say, but how you say it. My best piece of advice would just be to get comfortable with discussing your thoughts and ideas, making sure that you speak confidently and naturally. This will make you come across as such a strong candidate; they are looking for people who have the ability to act as humans and not just recite GMC documents

Good luck with your interviews!
    I'm assuming you've had interviews then, how did they go?

ReputationRep:
    Go get interview practice. You may have come up with the perfect answers for every question, but if you don't come across well then its all over. Ask your friends, families, teachers, anyone (bonus if they've never met you before). They will be able to pick up on things you may not have realised and help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenG6)
    I'm assuming you've had interviews then, how did they go?

Hiya,

Yes I did have 4 interviews - they went very well thank you . I got more confident as I went through each one. I feel like I performed better when I was relaxed; it's natural to feel nervous, but it does go away the more you practice. That's why I strongly recommend just talking to as many different people as possible and getting used to having your point of view being challenged (since that's what interviews tend to be all about).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.