The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get it checked out just in case

But I've almost had yo go to hospital during my cramps

I'll never forget the pain. I was screaming and could barely stand or crawl. My mum thought I was acting to get a sick day. :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
My period pains are always so bad does anybody know any good way to deal with them?
Also is it normal to get big clots of blood in your period

Have you tried something like the pill? I had to go on it due to period issues. Whilst they are more frequent, (some women find it does stop them completely) they're not as painful. I did find things like paracetamol, ibuprofen, etc. was rubbish.
Original post by Salt Queen
Get it checked out just in case

But I've almost had yo go to hospital during my cramps

I'll never forget the pain. I was screaming and could barely stand or crawl. My mum thought I was acting to get a sick day. :colonhash:

Yeah the pains definitely very sore,thanks for your advice
Original post by Tiger Rag
Have you tried something like the pill? I had to go on it due to period issues. Whilst they are more frequent, (some women find it does stop them completely) they're not as painful. I did find things like paracetamol, ibuprofen, etc. was rubbish.

Yeah Iv been on the pill but I didn't find it helped me that much and I definitely agree that paracetamol is rubbish,thanks for your advice
Original post by Olivia-123
Yeah Iv been on the pill but I didn't find it helped me that much and I definitely agree that paracetamol is rubbish,thanks for your advice

Just saying you aren't on anon anymore
Reply 6
My period pains are always so bad does anybody know any good way to deal with them?

Try peppermint tea/ tablets for the pain. I know it sounds crazy, just trust me.
Depends on what you mean by big. Small clots are totally fine, but big ones can be an issue.

Go see your doctor to be safe. You can ask to see a female if it makes you more comfortable.
Here's the grim part... take a picture of one of your clots (with something like your finger in shot for scale) and bring that to your appointment. That way your doctor can see how big big is rather than you having to explain it and them maybe not understanding properly.

It's probably fine, but it's a good idea to check just to be safe.

I get bad cramps and also clots but I just make sure to stay rested and use a hot water bottle against my stomach. Doesn’t help majorly but takes away some pain. However my pain mostly goes to my back for some reason
Reply 8
I’m thinking of going on the pill as mine are painful, heavy and irregular, plus I get bad acne as well around the time...but I had Tranexamic acid, from the doctor, which you take two tablets, three times a day for four days during your period, and it reduces clots, the amount of blood and pain instantly from the first tablet! I personally didn’t get on with them as I found it reduced my period too much, meaning I struggled using a tampon correctly, but my sister uses them and she’s alright? Everyone’s different so I’m afraid it’s trial and error!
Original post by Kindred
Try peppermint tea/ tablets for the pain. I know it sounds crazy, just trust me.
Depends on what you mean by big. Small clots are totally fine, but big ones can be an issue.

Go see your doctor to be safe. You can ask to see a female if it makes you more comfortable.
Here's the grim part... take a picture of one of your clots (with something like your finger in shot for scale) and bring that to your appointment. That way your doctor can see how big big is rather than you having to explain it and them maybe not understanding properly.

It's probably fine, but it's a good idea to check just to be safe.

Yeah that's great thanks for your advice I appreciate it
I get bad cramps and also clots but I just make sure to stay rested and use a hot water bottle against my stomach. Doesn’t help majorly but takes away some pain. However my pain mostly goes to my back for some reason

Yeah I sometime get a sore back but its more my stomach I total agree a hot water bottle can help a little and being comfortable
I had really bad cramps etc and then when I gave up eating meat and became a vegetarian (not because I knew it would help) my periods were less painful. I'm not suggesting give up meat if you don't want to but maybe cut down around your period (if you do eat meat that is) and see if it helps. Another thing that helps when I have backache is lying face up on the floor with my knees bent & my feet flat on the floor and lying like this for as long as I feel I need to. That seems to help the back ache.
I had really bad cramps etc and then when I gave up eating meat and became a vegetarian (not because I knew it would help) my periods were less painful. I'm not suggesting give up meat if you don't want to but maybe cut down around your period (if you do eat meat that is) and see if it helps. Another thing that helps when I have backache is lying face up on the floor with my knees bent & my feet flat on the floor and lying like this for as long as I feel I need to. That seems to help the back ache.

I really appreciate your advice I don't tend to eat lots of meet just some chicken
Sometimes having a healthier diet and some light exercise can help reduce period pain
Sometimes having a healthier diet and some light exercise can help reduce period pain

Thank you
I don't get terrible pains, I just get really sick for a day EVERY month :frown: Although it's not quite the same, I've tried medicine and everything and I've found that sleep is genuinely the best cure.

I also heard from a doctor once that if you want less painful and lighter periods then excercise helps loads.
Original post by Ensorcell
I don't get terrible pains, I just get really sick for a day EVERY month :frown: Although it's not quite the same, I've tried medicine and everything and I've found that sleep is genuinely the best cure.

I also heard from a doctor once that if you want less painful and lighter periods then excercise helps loads.

That's great thanks for your advice
I was told that co-codamol is fine to take for periods. (it's codeine and paracetamol)

I've been told about the light exercise too. It sometimes works.

Same with me. The periods are much easier after I went vegan.
Contraceptive pills helped as well, but they can cause a lot of other issues so I stopped using them.
Original post by Kathy89
Same with me. The periods are much easier after I went vegan.
Contraceptive pills helped as well, but they can cause a lot of other issues so I stopped using them.

Yeah I used contraceptive pills didn't find it helped

Latest