Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was reading online that only UK home students or migrant worker students or children of migrant workers can qualify for mainteance loan and I am neither of them
    How can I afford to pay for accommodation and just life in general without this ?
    I have looked up sereval scholarships and busaires and it seems that only the top universities such as UCL Oxford LSE offer this( high paying scholarships) so are these my only options or is there another way I could get a loan ?
    Thankss
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by username2989738)
    Hi I was reading online that only UK home students or migrant worker students or children of migrant workers can qualify for mainteance loan and I am neither of them
    How can I afford to pay for accommodation and just life in general without this ?
    I have looked up sereval scholarships and busaires and it seems that only the top universities such as UCL Oxford LSE offer this( high paying scholarships) so are these my only options or is there another way I could get a loan ?
    Thankss
    Five years residence in the UK will enable you to be treated like a home student to get fees and maintenance..

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username2989738)
    Thankss
    If you are going to another country to study its generally expected that you self fund. This might sound harsh but you shouldn't turn up in another country and expect that you get the same rights as people who've lived there, worked and paid taxes for years (or their parents have).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.