Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you cope with tough days? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracephene)
    I cope by just unplugging myself from everything, I put down my phone and open my window and stare at the sky for a while, sounds really cheesy but it always grounds me and gives me perspective on how much bigger life is than whether or not I went out with my friends etc. When I'm lonely I actually go out of my way to not be around other people because that ends up amplifying the feeling, I just need some me time
    I can not recommend unplugging from media enough for down days! Well done to you, you’re amazing! ❤️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bubble bath, some hot chocolate and some eddie vedder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    Bubble bath, some hot chocolate and some eddie vedder.
    Great minds think alike 😁❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabrielle01)
    Sometimes I have really tough days where I struggle with loneliness even if I’m surrounded my my whole network of family and friends, I feel like a burden, or I feel like my feelings are invalid and my motivation vanished. Luckily, over the years I’ve managed to muster up some techniques to cope with these days.

SO ~ I’m putting myself out here to say, if anyone is feeling low, or feeling lonely, or sad, or even happy about something, i am here, I care and I am a very good listener and friend to those who need me.

If anyone ever needs anyone to ramble at or vent emotions with, shoot me a message and I’m always happy to chat and help where/If I can!
    I cope by taking time out for myself. Run a bath with candles, read a book, clean sheets, organise whatever needs doing for tomorrow and just say "this night is for me.. to be LAZY AF."

There isn't a key way of dealing with bad days. But, know that everyone has bad days and good. Meaning, if you're in a bad day right now, a good one is due to come along soon. Remember that. 😊

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I'm having a bad day, I simply remember the bad things that I have done, and then at least I feel that I deserve to be having the day I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    Whenever I'm having a bad day, I simply remember the bad things that I have done, and then at least I feel that I deserve to be having the day I am.
    Does that work for you?

ReputationRep:
    I just try to reassure myself that how I'm feeling at the moment is normal and will get better, and that this moment is only a minuscule part of my long (hopefully) life. And that I need to develop as a person but it's ok to have absolute **** days...

Then after my pity party, I consume too much chocolate, drinking around 3 teas in an hour and watch a whole tv series in a day. But hey life is fine 0_0

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.