Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i right or are the flatmates right. Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Am i right or wrong?
    Correct
    92.11%
    Incorrect
    7.89%

• Very Important Poster

(Original post by will'o'wisp2)
    Wat

I guess that's true.

Dude you need to get a grip. the fact you have written so much shows you arent really dealing with it.

If the other housemates feel the same, then have a house meeting and sort out a cleaning roster plus make it clear people respect others food and dont borrow without permission. IF it carries on, then complaints will be made to the warden.

Then get on with your life. Just keep food in your room that is a likely target to be pilfered. You arent dealing with this well. Its quite simple.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not cus i have to make way for something that shouldn't even be a problem in the first place, why should i have to do all the work for someone else's "mistake"

Also did you even read what i put down?
    Not after reading in your OP that you are angry with your flatmate for stealing some cheese you freeloaded from a feast or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Dude you need to get a grip. the fact you have written so much shows you arent really dealing with it.

If the other housemates feel the same, then have a house meeting and sort out a cleaning roster plus make it clear people respect others food and dont borrow without permission. IF it carries on, then complaints will be made to the warden.

Then get on with your life. Just keep food in your room that is a likely target to be pilfered. You arent dealing with this well. Its quite simple.
    Might aswell go straight to this step. House meeting all we want, doesn't change her joking attitude which will never take anything seriously. If we're all up to cleaning i'm down for it not but when the one who makes the most mess cleans nothing up.

Having words with her does nothing. I can warden her all i want and all my flatmates want. It doesn't stop her and her bad personality and behaviour from stealing and using other people's things. That's the kind of person she is, she won't change. She's kind of like a spoilt queen if i had to describe her accurately. reporting her will just make her more annoyed at me and she will pretty much try to make my life hell. So i can report again but she ain't backing down. That's just how she is, she's stubborn.

What i write on here and what i'm actually in this situation are completely unrelated. I'm pretty much giving my life story to show you examples of why i things sucks so much and (less so of) why i can't really do much to about it to change her).

Goddamn, makes me annoyed with her stupid laugh right now outside my door -__-
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    Not after reading in your OP that you are angry with your flatmate for stealing some cheese you freeloaded from a feast or something.
    You clearly haven't even read my first post properly and understood it.

Stealing cheese which is in my opinion mine. It wasn't "freeloaded from a feast" it was indirectly paid for.

ReputationRep:
    Might aswell go straight to this step. House meeting all we want, doesn't change her joking attitude which will never take anything seriously. If we're all up to cleaning i'm down for it not but when the one who makes the most mess cleans nothing up.

Having words with her does nothing. I can warden her all i want and all my flatmates want. It doesn't stop her and her bad personality and behaviour from stealing and using other people's things. That's the kind of person she is, she won't change. She's kind of like a spoilt queen if i had to describe her accurately. reporting her will just make her more annoyed at me and she will pretty much try to make my life hell. So i can report again but she ain't backing down. That's just how she is, she's stubborn.

What i write on here and what i'm actually in this situation are completely unrelated. I'm pretty much giving my life story to show you examples of why i things sucks so much and (less so of) why i can't really do much to about it to change her).

Stealing cheese which is in my opinion mine. It wasn't "freeloaded from a feast" it was indirectly paid for.
    Is your flatmate a mouse, by any chance?

I literally laughed for about 10 seconds after reading this. It's very hard to take you seriously when you're considering some food you grabbed off the table to be legal property that you own, which therefore makes it totally unacceptable when your flatmate eats a bit of cheese. You haven't "indirectly" paid for it, you paid to attend the feast where you can eat THEIR food. Otherwise, according to your logic, you would own the plates, cutlery, chairs, tables, and even the lights.

It's a piece of stinking cheese. There are people starving in Africa. GET OVER IT.
    • Very Important Poster

You are too involved and not using your brain. isnt there someone who is calmer and can act as more of a peacemaker in the house? Making enemies this early is pointless. Just work out a compromise.

ReputationRep:
    Is your flatmate a mouse, by any chance?

I literally laughed for about 10 seconds after reading this. It's very hard to take you seriously when you're considering some food you grabbed off the table to be legal property that you own, which therefore makes it totally unacceptable when your flatmate eats a bit of cheese. You haven't "indirectly" paid for it, you paid to attend the feast where you can eat THEIR food. Otherwise, according to your logic, you would own the plates, cutlery, chairs, tables, and even the lights.

It's a piece of stinking cheese. There are people starving in Africa. GET OVER IT.
    Are you stupid or something? When did i ever mention a feast? I'm pretty sure i haven't even mentioned the word feast until now. There is no feast so i'm not sure where you got that from?

Yes i have indirectly paid for. Seems i have to educate you on the rest of the thread which you didn't bother to read at all. The accommodation i'm in has food included in the cost where you can go to the dining hall to eat. You get given a set of tickets to be used at the dining hall for a meal and in that meal you can consume whatever they put out for you to eat/drink for example, you can use the coffee machine or you can take some dessert or even maybe a piece of fruit. So when i give a ticket that is me indirectly paying because those tickets are part of the accommodation cost. When did i say i could eat someone else's food at all? I'm genuinely baffled by where you're getting this from.

And the classic "there's starving people in africa" and bold red to make sure i definitely see it. That's the mark of someone who has nothing better to say. It's a good way to take something completely unrelated and shove it in here because of the apparent relevance of topic here which is food.

ReputationRep:
    Are you stupid or something? When did i ever mention a feast? I'm pretty sure i haven't even mentioned the word feast until now. There is no feast so i'm not sure where you got that from?

Yes i have indirectly paid for. Seems i have to educate you on the rest of the thread which you didn't bother to read at all. The accommodation i'm in has food included in the cost where you can go to the dining hall to eat. You get given a set of tickets to be used at the dining hall for a meal and in that meal you can consume whatever they put out for you to eat/drink for example, you can use the coffee machine or you can take some dessert or even maybe a piece of fruit. So when i give a ticket that is me indirectly paying because those tickets are part of the accommodation cost. When did i say i could eat someone else's food at all? I'm genuinely baffled by where you're getting this from.

And the classic "there's starving people in africa" and bold red to make sure i definitely see it. That's the mark of someone who has nothing better to say. It's a good way to take something completely unrelated and shove it in here because of the apparent relevance of topic here which is food.
    The level of stupidity smells worse than the cheese. I'm not going to be commenting any further, but one final comment:

How's it going at London Met uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You are too involved and not using your brain. isnt there someone who is calmer and can act as more of a peacemaker in the house? Making enemies this early is pointless. Just work out a compromise.
    Probably but no-one is willing to because of her.

I'm not even trying to make one, she's making 6. I'm not even actively trying to make her my enemy. She's causing all this, if she wasn't here there wold be barely any issues at all.

Like i said she doesn't want to compromise, if i basically pamper her ass then she might do something for me. I'm mean it's not like i'm not going to try and do it, it would certainly benefit everyone. I've got really nothing to lose by compromising so i can try but i doubt she'll agree at all. Most likely is that she'll just shout/rant at me for saying she does clean up "everyone's ****" and i should go away and get off her back.

ReputationRep:
    The level of stupidity smells worse than the cheese. I'm not going to be commenting any further, but one final comment:

How's it going at London Met uni?
    I'm glad you don't even know what uni i go to. all you provide is idiocy so i guess i'm glad you're not commenting anymore.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.