Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have a friend who I really care about and really love. But twice when we have planned to meet up, she never turned up. Not even sent a text to explain where she was or that she wouldn't be able to see me. Obviously I was annoyed cause I waited ages for her and was excited to see her since we made the plans. When she did eventually tell me what happened (other things happened), I just gave her blunt responses. I felt like I was being mean to her cause I was hurting so much. I feel like I care about her more than she does about me. It's come to a point where I'm being mean to her but it's cause im hurting. I hate the person I'm becoming because of all this. I don't want to cut her off but I don't want to continue hurting her or else she will not want to speak to me anymore. Have I got the right to be annoyed at her or am I just being too sensitive? Should I try to get past these petty things or should I cut her out of my life? Baring in mind, she keeps telling me she doesn't want me to leave her life. I need some help!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It is late but I am fairly sure I have read everything and I cant detect what I would call toxicity.

ReputationRep:
    What if I love her and it makes everything 10 times worse cause I know I can't have her. I just feel like everything she does is hurting me :/ Can't find the words to explain the situation.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's hard, I understand, from my experience don't immediately cut them out of your life, because eventually you will forgive her and you will end up in a loop. Try to distance yourself a little, don't rely on her to make you happy. Do other things you love, make new friends and spend time with other people. Don't give in and surround all of your happiness and friendship around one person, because if anything happens you are left alone. DO NOT feel bad for how you are feeling, it is acceptable and everyone goes through stuff like this, you will learn and adapt and you will find out where to draw the line between being sensitive and being a push-over. Good luck, do whatever you believe is best for you.

ReputationRep:
    I mean you only asked about toxicity. I personally don't think the person is being toxic.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your feelings to her. If your friend care about u she will consider it in your position. Don’t make any decissions before conversation with your friend!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.