Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i go to a high requirement collage and honestly it's already getting the better of me. The stress is mounting and its only been a month, it's half term right now and all I've been doing is the piles of homework that maths biology chemistry and psychology have set. Any ways to deal with stress ? I'll be needing all the advice I can get!
    ty x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Running.
    Always running.

ReputationRep:
    Drop one. Which one depends upon what you enjoy the least and any entry requirements for the degrees that you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    haha, you think that's bad?

PHYS A2, CHEM A2, BIO A2, ENG LIT AS <----------------- I'm doing these 4 this year
    tbh I enjoy phys and bio, chem is just boring but also easy, eng lit I'm struggling with a bit (though I'm planning on going to plays at local theaters to improve at it)
    I need A* in all of them (above 90% in Eng. Lit)

Now back to you- what course are you applying to? how is your timetable (school and home)? what time do you sleep at? how long? are you male or female?
    Don't worry I'm not a creep (arguably), just need info so I can advise you better

If you're done with the application stuff and don't need to prepare for an admission test etc. then I'm assuming you're only focusing on your subjects

Now I deal with stress by a) Masturbating b) Baiting people online c) Have suicidal thoughts and imagining the satisfaction I will get by making people guilty (looking at my tutor, parents) d) staying up until 4AM on school nights browsing memes e) Try to find an LSD dealer near me then give up and vape or get high with my grandpa (he has a hookah) f) Giving **** advice to people on TSR - this really makes me ambitious

Now my point is that everyone has their own thing- Find yours; what calms you instantly?
    I always get the extremely important things done first (these only include if there is a test less than 1 day away or if it is anything regarding my application) after that I spend the rest of my time doing the above a-f; I make some excuses for homework or

I then try to catch up on HW and read ahead (reading ahead the summer before really helps) during study room or weekends

I go to school an hour away so I basically leave at 7:30 AM and return 7:30 PM but I'm assuming you're parents aren't sadistics that love living in rural areas and you have more time

Maybe this is why I suck at Eng Lit; I never answered your question properly- I guess just feel better that you're not me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisahana)
    So i go to a high requirement collage and honestly it's already getting the better of me. The stress is mounting and its only been a month, it's half term right now and all I've been doing is the piles of homework that maths biology chemistry and psychology have set. Any ways to deal with stress ? I'll be needing all the advice I can get!
    ty x
    We're stuck in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catacat)
    haha, you think that's bad?

PHYS A2, CHEM A2, BIO A2, ENG LIT AS <----------------- I'm doing these 4 this year
    tbh I enjoy phys and bio, chem is just boring but also easy, eng lit I'm struggling with a bit (though I'm planning on going to plays at local theaters to improve at it)
    I need A* in all of them (above 90% in Eng. Lit)

Now back to you- what course are you applying to? how is your timetable (school and home)? what time do you sleep at? how long? are you male or female?
    Don't worry I'm not a creep (arguably), just need info so I can advise you better

If you're done with the application stuff and don't need to prepare for an admission test etc. then I'm assuming you're only focusing on your subjects

Now I deal with stress by a) Masturbating b) Baiting people online c) Have suicidal thoughts and imagining the satisfaction I will get by making people guilty (looking at my tutor, parents) d) staying up until 4AM on school nights browsing memes e) Try to find an LSD dealer near me then give up and vape or get high with my grandpa (he has a hookah) f) Giving **** advice to people on TSR - this really makes me ambitious

Now my point is that everyone has their own thing- Find yours; what calms you instantly?
    I always get the extremely important things done first (these only include if there is a test less than 1 day away or if it is anything regarding my application) after that I spend the rest of my time doing the above a-f; I make some excuses for homework or

I then try to catch up on HW and read ahead (reading ahead the summer before really helps) during study room or weekends

I go to school an hour away so I basically leave at 7:30 AM and return 7:30 PM but I'm assuming you're parents aren't sadistics that love living in rural areas and you have more time

Maybe this is why I suck at Eng Lit; I never answered your question properly- I guess just feel better that you're not me?
    Eng Lit for you is an AS. The highest you can get is an A. Not sure why you'd need 90%, is an A not from 70-80? 🤔
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Eng Lit for you is an AS. The highest you can get is an A. Not sure why you'd need 90%, is an A not from 70-80? 🤔
    no A is 80-90 and A* IS 90.-100;
    I know there are no A* in AS but you can still get more than 90% (think UMS marks)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.