Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so I've had depression my whole life. I've always been that kind of negative downbeat person, it's normal for me. But in biology which, is an A level i chose, my teacher tells me off for 'not contributing' or looking as if 'I dont want to be there' so she threatens to kick me out and just hates me in general. I have no idea why, but like i have no idea what to do, i cant exactly tell her to back off because i do like biology its just her that makes it pretty crap. Any advice?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    There must be a reason as to why she keeps on picking with you. Granted, its not right, but do you mess around, talk with others when the teacher is not talking, do badly in the subject etc?

ReputationRep:
    Noo I'm silent in her leasons, i think that's why she gets mad at me .. esspecially when she picks on me and i cant answer a question.. i just freeze and my anxiety kicks in so i just freeze
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Speak to your head of sixth form about it, say that you get anxiety and feel like you're being targeted in your lessons for being quiet.
    Or if you have parents evening coming up, get your parents to say something.

I'm similar, I don't put my hand up and when I get picked on I turn bright red and can't form words, I'm currently trying to learn how not to care (in a way where I can just say ''I don't know'' rather than awkwardly trying to answer a question)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.