Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’m a irish student that will be sitting my leaving certificate 2018 which is equal to the A levels in UK Atm I do 7 subjects : English , Irish , Maths , Politics , Physics , Home Economics and French ( at ordinary level ) all my other subjects are at higher level Which of my subjects would be a good combination if I wanted to do Law , Social Policy , Social Science or Politics My current grades are : English H3 (77) , Physics H3 (77) , Politics H1 (88+) , French O1 (88+) , Irish H4 (66) , Maths H5 (56 my weakest subject but I can improve ) , Home Economics H2 (88) I did not do gsce but I did do the Irish Junior Certificate I’m not sure if it’s the equivalent or not would they take this into consideration ? What are my chances in getting into a top rated university in UK with these current grades ?
    And do I have a cuance to apply for the scholarship available as I don’t qualify for mainteance loan

ReputationRep:
    Irish application as well. UK colleges don't need your current grade. They are only looking for your predicted grade from your teacher. I got 6 H1 from my teacher.
    JC is considered equivalent to GCSE. I think you should talk to your career guidance at school for help

ReputationRep:
    Was A* equivalent to H1What grades did you have to get to get A*AAOr just AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annette18)
    Was A* equivalent to H1What grades did you have to get to get A*AAOr just AAA
    Varies from different colleges. For UCL A* A A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 while for imperial A*A*A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 H1 H2 H2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar_99)
    Varies from different colleges. For UCL A* A A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 while for imperial A*A*A is equivalent to H1 H1 H1 H1 H2 H2
    Okay thank you so much
    I know what grades I need to get

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.