Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Adhd & anxiety diagnosis urgent help plz Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I’m certain I have adhd and anxiety and a psychiatrist has told me she’s pretty sure I have these but didn’t want to diagnose me. I’m crrently doing a levels and I’m seriously struggling and I’ve been on the waiting list for another appointment for 9 months now and I’m fed up.
    Can I get diagnosed through school or anything? My family can’t afford to go private but someone mentioned school being able to pay? Please I beg someone help I’ve gone full blown mad.

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to access a school councillor or disability officer who can put you on a faster route. However even these can have long waiting lists I'm afraid.
    I can only suggest getting in contact with your school about it and trying to manage the symptoms in the meantime.
    I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but stay strong and you'll get through this!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effy299792)
    So I’m certain I have adhd and anxiety and a psychiatrist has told me she’s pretty sure I have these but didn’t want to diagnose me. I’m crrently doing a levels and I’m seriously struggling and I’ve been on the waiting list for another appointment for 9 months now and I’m fed up.
    Can I get diagnosed through school or anything? My family can’t afford to go private but someone mentioned school being able to pay? Please I beg someone help I’ve gone full blown mad.
    Are you under a mental health team? You could just ask to see a different psychiatrist. What was your psychiatrists reason for not diagnosing you if they think you have ADHD and anxiety? That seems counter-intuitive if it's impacting your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Are you under a mental health team? You could just ask to see a different psychiatrist. What was your psychiatrists reason for not diagnosing you if they think you have ADHD and anxiety? That seems counter-intuitive if it's impacting your life.

The lady I saw has left the practice and my family and I are all sure she was fired because she was absolutely useless. She just said she didn’t want to diagnose me because she didn’t rlly want to (stupid, I know). I’m on the waiting list to see someone else but the problem is that it’s taking so long and I just want to see if there’s a different way to go about doing it, maybe through school if they’re able to get someone in but I really don’t know how this works. I need the diagnosis though as it’s already ruined part of my life, as I wasn’t able to get rest breaks I need in exams and so I didn’t do as well as I’d hoped in GCSEs and therefore didn’t get the a levels I want to do. Absolutely rediculous I just want it to be sorted ASAP because I can’t have that happening again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thalamic)
    You should be able to access a school councillor or disability officer who can put you on a faster route. However even these can have long waiting lists I'm afraid.
    I can only suggest getting in contact with your school about it and trying to manage the symptoms in the meantime.
    I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but stay strong and you'll get through this!
    Do you have any idea what this faster route through school would entail? I’m not really sure what to ask for and I have to do all this myself because my parents don’t reallt have the time for it and will keep putting it off so I’m really not sure what to say.

I know exactly how you feel because i am in the exact predicament.

Its crazy how the waiting lists are so long

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Effy299792)
      I had a similar issue to you (GP useless as well) and eventually I ended up going privately, as it was much much quicker despite the cost. However there's always places that you can call and ask for help with, and online sites such as childline, samaritans etc will listen and give advice if you ever desperately need it I hope everything gets better for you soon

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.