Turn on thread page Beta

How can I adapt my sleeping pattern? watch

ReputationRep:
    I would ideally wake up at 5 and go to bed at 8. I tried waking up at 5 and not having a nap but I did not go to bed that early I was probably asleep by 10 something but woke up at 8.When I set alarms I hear them but I don’t have the physical energy to get out of bed even if I ask my mum to wake me up as she wakes up at 5 to wake me up I hear her but cannot get up.

The desire for such change is so I can study before school as I concentrate better in the morning,Any advice would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You have to motivate yourself. I woke up at 06:00 today because I need to have a shower etc and commute to university.

It’s life. You need to build tolerance.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps try to change your pattern gradually - for example, go to bed an half hour before you currently do and wake up half an hour earlier. Try doing this for a week, and the week after, go to bed an hour earlier, wake up an hour earlier, etc. Training your body to change sleeping patterns can be difficult - but it’ll be worth it in the end
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.