Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I will be starting uni next September and i have got my 5 choices but my top two (edge hill and john moores) are soooo good and i dont know which one to pick.
    The dream is to go into editing films and tv. And i can do that at edge hill, however the location of the uni means social life might be harder. But the uni has good links to liverpool and salford.
    Whereas john moores media production course is really good, but they dont do film, however they put everyone on temporary placements with production companies and i could go into film.
    Im really not sure because i love film and want to go into film production but because its so competitive im worried i will do the course and not be able to find a job. But part of me want to go to liverpool because of the location however edge hill is just so nice and everything is on one campus.
    Anyone from either of these unis can you try to persuade me and tell me why i should go to these universities.
    Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyjw)
    Hi
    I will be starting uni next September and i have got my 5 choices but my top two (edge hill and john moores) are soooo good and i dont know which one to pick.
    The dream is to go into editing films and tv. And i can do that at edge hill, however the location of the uni means social life might be harder. But the uni has good links to liverpool and salford.
    Whereas john moores media production course is really good, but they dont do film, however they put everyone on temporary placements with production companies and i could go into film.
    Im really not sure because i love film and want to go into film production but because its so competitive im worried i will do the course and not be able to find a job. But part of me want to go to liverpool because of the location however edge hill is just so nice and everything is on one campus.
    Anyone from either of these unis can you try to persuade me and tell me why i should go to these universities.
    Thanks
    Sounds like Edge Hill would be the better choice from what you're describing. I wouldn't worry too much about the social side of things you're going to make new friends when you go to either and as you say it's not like its far away from everywhere.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Thanks
    Choose....now!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Thanks
    You have until May to choose between any offers. There. Is. No. Rush.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.