Tatiana78
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do I decide what options to pick ????😶 I've got no idea and I have to pick them this year
emilyyytaylorr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pick what you enjoy and that you may want to take at Alevel or that relate to the career path you wish to follow
UniiqueTwiisT
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You want to choose both what you enjoy, what you're good at, and what you think you might want a career in in the future. That is because if you don't choose something you enjoy, you won't be having much fun in school, and if you don't choose something you're good at, you may struggle to get into colleges and sixth forms, and finally, something you may want to do in the future for obvious reasons.
candylilymay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just choose what you enjoy and what you're best at. These options aren't the end of the world and you can change them any time until a few months into year 10
DYoverDX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tatiana78)
How do I decide what options to pick ????😶 I've got no idea and I have to pick them this year
This doesn't make sense. It's a question You have to answer. No one else will sit the exam for you.
Tatiana78
Rep:
?
Yes but I would like to know what options to take for the jobs i 'd maybe do in the future
cactuss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes but I would like to know what options to take for the jobs i 'd maybe do in the future
Does your school not have an options evening? Where you get to look at all of the options they offer and the curriculum for each.

Really your gcse options don't really narrow anything down that much as most of the stuff necessary for all careers and a-levels is mandatory. For example you don't need to pick a specific GCSE to become a lawyer or a Doctor (as the sciences, English and maths are compulsory).

Your GCSE's don't really matter when it comes to options all that really matters is that you do well in the subjects that you chose. This is of course with the exception of certain subjects like languages, technologies and humanities (although in my school you are allowed to take history and geography at a-level without doing it at GCSE level) which you usually need to do before taking them at a level.
DYoverDX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go for higher maths and triple science. And for 3 options, anything science based. this will get you far.
Tatiana78
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=cactuss;74273288]Does your school not have an options evening? Where you get to look at all of the options they offer and the curriculum for each.

Really your gcse options don't really narrow anything down that much as most of the stuff necessary for all careers and a-levels is mandatory. For example you don't need to pick a specific GCSE to become a lawyer or a Doctor (as the sciences, English and maths are compulsory).

Your GCSE's don't really matter when it comes to options all that really matters is that you do well in the subjects that you chose. This is of course with the exception of certain subjects like languages, technologies and humanities (although in my school you are allowed to take history and geography at a-level without doing it at GCSE level) which you usually need to do before taking them at a level.[/QUO

They do but I can't miss my gymnastics session.
cactuss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Tatiana78;74273566]
(Original post by cactuss)
Does your school not have an options evening? Where you get to look at all of the options they offer and the curriculum for each.

Your GCSE's don't really matter when it comes to options all that really matters is that you do well in the subjects that you chose. This is of course with the exception of certain subjects like languages, technologies and humanities (although in my school you are allowed to take history and geography at a-level without doing it at GCSE level) which you usually need to do before taking them at a level.[/QUO

They do but I can't miss my gymnastics session.
Are you sure because it can be an extremely important night for you when it comes to deciding what to take.
tessasnazzysmith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would choose: 1 humanities(geog,hist);1 language;one creative subject(art,drama etc) and another subject you enjoy/do well in)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads