Pearson vs CGP physics 9-1 revsion guides Watch

xhyper22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know this is quite a dumb question but I honestly want to know which one is better. Some people say CGP, others say Pearson. Personally, I have only used CGP but only for maths where the content is short to begin with. I used a Pearson revision guide for RSS. Both feel the same tbh so idk which is better. The question is aimed at Physics particularly but also in general too. Is Pearson better for physics? And Chemistry?
DYoverDX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xhyper22)
I know this is quite a dumb question but I honestly want to know which one is better. Some people say CGP, others say Pearson. Personally, I have only used CGP but only for maths where the content is short to begin with. I used a Pearson revision guide for RSS. Both feel the same tbh so idk which is better. The question is aimed at Physics particularly but also in general too. Is Pearson better for physics? And Chemistry?
I don't know. That's why I use both at the same time.
xhyper22
Rep:
?
(Original post by DYoverDX)
I don't know. That's why I use both at the same time.
For physics?
DYoverDX
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. for phsyics
I use many sourcesto help me clinch a better uidneratnding.
Starra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends what your exam board is. If it's anything other than Edexcel, I'd go CGP. But since Pearson is Edexcel, maybe go Pearson if your exam board is that.
xhyper22
Rep:
?
(Original post by DYoverDX)
Yes. for phsyics
I use many sourcesto help me clinch a better uidneratnding.
Your exam is AQA for physics?
xhyper22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Starra)
It depends what your exam board is. If it's anything other than Edexcel, I'd go CGP. But since Pearson is Edexcel, maybe go Pearson if your exam board is that.
I think Pearson is just a company. The revision guide covers the AQA 9-1 physics course. So does CGP. But which one is better in your experience?
DYoverDX
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your exam is AQA for physics?
Edexcel.
But it doesn't matter! I sue tehse old revsioin guides from my school library too. Its all about compiling them notes together to get an ultimate understanding.
username3542704
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do aqa and i have both the aqa endorsed book and the cgp rrvision guides. Both books contain things that the other doesnt. So i use both plus the specification to make sure i know everythkng the examboard wants.
Starra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think Pearson is just a company. The revision guide covers the AQA 9-1 physics course. So does CGP. But which one is better in your experience?
Nah, I think Edexcel renamed themselves Pearson. See if you can get a copy of the spec for your course (just google Physics [exam board] specification). I use CGP because it's what the school sold me. CGP are very chatty and have terrible puns at the end of each page, so if you like that go ahead. We get a 6 mark question for homework every week, and it's almost always in the revision guide. The language being chatty makes it easier to rephrase paragraphs, since there's a more formal way to say it.
Carbon Dioxide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Starra)
Nah, I think Edexcel renamed themselves Pearson.
Edexcel and Pearson still exist, but the parent company has changed their branding from an ALL-CAPS serif typeface to a sentence-case sans-serif typeface with a logo that looks vaguely like an interrobang.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed