Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm in Year 11, applying for sixth forms. I enjoy history at GCSE but I do struggle with timing quite a bit. I know I can improve on it and it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but how hard is history at A Level? Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thank you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbabA)
    Hi,
    I'm in Year 11, applying for sixth forms. I enjoy history at GCSE but I do struggle with timing quite a bit. I know I can improve on it and it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but how hard is history at A Level? Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thank you.
    I'm disappointed. I thought you was asking about the history of A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DYoverDX)
    I'm disappointed. I thought you was asking about the history of A levels.
    I take it you don't take history then? 😪

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbabA)
    I take it you don't take history then? 😪
    Oh, no I do do history.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Haha. Do do.

ReputationRep:
    I did history at AS and the essay writing was a bit more complex but once you got the hang of that it was alright. A bit harder than GCSE obviously but not a big step up. I got roughly the same percentage at AS level as I did at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DYoverDX)
    Oh, no I do do history.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Haha. Do do.
    Care to share?

Spoiler:
    Show

Haha. Rhyming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    I did history at AS and the essay writing was a bit more complex but once you got the hang of that it was alright. A bit harder than GCSE obviously but not a big step up. I got roughly the same percentage at AS level as I did at GCSE
    That's very reassuring. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in Year 13 doing A level History and you can do so many practise essays that I'm sure would improve your timings! What is more stressful in my view is the amount of content there is to learn, but even that can be okay as long as you revise as you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xloismoorex)
    I'm currently in Year 13 doing A level History and you can do so many practise essays that I'm sure would improve your timings! What is more stressful in my view is the amount of content there is to learn, but even that can be okay as long as you revise as you go.
    Definitely a good idea! Thank you How did AS go?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.