Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

History - YouTube Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was wondering if anybody knew any YouTube channels to watch for GCSE history. I'm trying to use YouTube as a good source, but I only have Mr Bruff for English, Hegartymaths for Maths, and Mr Thornton for Science. History is one of my weaker subjects so I'd really like to know if there are any videos out there.

Thanks ))
    Ryan

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried making revision cards/mindmaps? History is an ideal subject for them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryangrangerr)
    Hey,

I was wondering if anybody knew any YouTube channels to watch for GCSE history. I'm trying to use YouTube as a good source, but I only have Mr Bruff for English, Hegartymaths for Maths, and Mr Thornton for Science. History is one of my weaker subjects so I'd really like to know if there are any videos out there.

Thanks ))
    Ryan
    What topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    What topics?
    The topics I'm doing are:
    - Making of America
    - The Norman Conquest
    - The Nazis
    and - Public Health through time

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlbabA)
    Have you tried making revision cards/mindmaps? History is an ideal subject for them.
    Hey,

Would you know what I could put on them? So like a key date on one side and then an explanation behind.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Would you know what I could put on them? So like a key date on one side and then an explanation behind.

Cheers
    As of yet, I haven't used them but once I start revising I definitely will. I was thinking the same, putting a key date in the middle, and then adding the main events and their dates around it. Maybe highlight any events that link to each other in the same colour e.g. The Wallstreet Crash and Hyperinflation.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    history chappie

ReputationRep:
    The topics I'm doing are:
    - Making of America
    - The Norman Conquest
    - The Nazis
    and - Public Health through time

Hope that helps
    What years specifically is making of America? Is that 1781-...? or 1920-80

ReputationRep:
    What years specifically is making of America? Is that 1781-...? or 1920-80
    Think it's 1781 onwards

ReputationRep:
    Think it's 1781 onwards
    This is a really good channel for American History

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBettsClass

ReputationRep:
    Hi! My teacher has started setting us homework to make cue cards since year 9 (I’m in year 11 now) and I found that they are very beneficial. I’m doing Germany and medicine through time (the only relevant ones to you, I’m also doing Elizabethan England and war in Asia) and what I’ve done was put a question on the front and an explanation at the back. If you need any help regarding questions or anything else really then please ask

ReputationRep:
    This is a really good channel for American History

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBettsClass
    Cheers so much man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salsabel)
    Hi! My teacher has started setting us homework to make cue cards since year 9 (I’m in year 11 now) and I found that they are very beneficial. I’m doing Germany and medicine through time (the only relevant ones to you, I’m also doing Elizabethan England and war in Asia) and what I’ve done was put a question on the front and an explanation at the back. If you need any help regarding questions or anything else really then please ask
    Hey cheers so much for the help with the technique, was just wondering - would you mind giving me an example of one of your flashcards for the medicine through time? At the moment I'm year 10, so I've finished medicine through time and nearly finished the Norman conquest. What exam board are you, just out of interest? I'm OCR. Thanks so much again

ReputationRep:
    I’m on AQA and for example I’d have a question like: how did the church control medical development and why? (Give examples of Roger Bacon) then I’d have on the back the relevant dates and an explanation of the things the church did eg. Prevent any books contradicting what the church says. Hope this helps and if you need some ideas don’t hesitate to ask

ReputationRep:
    Cheers so much man!
    Im so sad that I listen to his music videos everyday :lol:.

I remember 2 years ago his new deal song really helped me remember some Alphabet agencies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.