Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Social anxiety Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’ve recently started to experience panic attacks, I have friends who drive and have been out with them but as soon as I get out of the car to go shopping I have a panic attack whilst with them, how do I stop this?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My best friend has this problem - she avoids going out because when she does she throws up - and I have social anxiety myself, although don't have obvious panic attacks. I've gotten better through just going out again and again and again (I used to get really stressed about getting the bus but now I have no problems). when I do get too worked up, deep breathing or keeping away from too many people helps. I also told my friends about my anxiety and what my anxiety attacks look like and they help by reassuring me. like telling me I can go somewhere else. or that they can leave me alone if I want. my anxiety attacks usually include me becoming completely still and quiet and unresponsive, so they attempt to have an engaging conversation with me to help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Are you uncomfortable with your physical appearance and therefore overly self-conscious of being seen by people? Are you narcissistic and therefore think everyone is constantly watching you? Are you a victim of prior bullying?

Some things to consider.

When all options fail, there is a cure - look into the MAOI drug "Parnate". It requires sacrificing a lot, such as certain foods (possibly) as well as needing to take extreme care when taking ANY supplement or medication lest there be a dangerous interaction... Yes, unfortunately, as is often the case in life, the things that REALLY work often involve extremity. There is also another known as "Nardil", but Parnate sounds like life on a never-ending upper lol.

For short term legal relief there are several options: Alcohol and caffeine, phenibut, kava kava.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.