Turn on thread page Beta

Is it too late to change my option to LSE? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer yesterday from UCL for economics and that was my first choice. I didn’t originally apply to LSE because I thought I wasn’t good enough to get in but now that I have UCL I’m considering changing my insurance option of Birmingham to LSE as I already have another backup in Nottingham.

But the only thing holding me back is am I applying too late for LSE, most of the oxbridge applicants would have already been loooked at and my application might get looked at worse.

Shall I change Birmingham for LSE?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jschohan)
    I just got an offer yesterday from UCL for economics and that was my first choice. I didn’t originally apply to LSE because I thought I wasn’t good enough to get in but now that I have UCL I’m considering changing my insurance option of Birmingham to LSE as I already have another backup in Nottingham.

But the only thing holding me back is am I applying too late for LSE, most of the oxbridge applicants would have already been loooked at and my application might get looked at worse.

You're not applying too late. They have to give all applications equal consideration as long as they apply by the deadline (January 15th).

If it's within 14 days since submitting your application you can swap your choices. If it's longer, you can't. LSE does not participate in Extra, Adjustment or Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You're not applying too late. They have to give all applications equal consideration as long as they apply by the deadline (January 15th).

If it's within 14 days since submitting your application you can swap your choices. If it's longer, you can't. LSE does not participate in Extra, Adjustment or Clearing.
    I submitted my application on the 13th of October so tomorrow is the last day. If LSE give equal consideration then I think I've got nothing to lose as I've got UCL already.

I think I will change it, yolo

Thank you for the feedback
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I submitted my application on the 13th of October so tomorrow is the last day. If LSE give equal consideration then I think I've got nothing to lose as I've got UCL already.

I think I will change it, yolo

Thank you for the feedback
    LSE have to look at your application using the same standards as everyone else. This doesn't mean you'll definitely get an offer - other applicants could be significantly better than you. But they won't reject you just because you've applied after the Oxbridge deadline. That makes no sense, and is in fact the opposite of what most people worry about (which is also untrue).

ReputationRep:

I don't think it's late though. Btw when did you submit your UCAS application?

ReputationRep:
    Lucky bugger, I'm applying to UCL too, not heard anything yet though!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So I changed it on the day I started the thread, they gave me an email saying they’re considering my application today. The whole LSE vs UCL thing will probably take over my life soon 😂

I submitted my application on the 13th October and changed Birmingham to LSE on the 26th October so I was within the two week ucas substitution deadline.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.