Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

family struggles Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok so basically i need some advice. my mum confiscated my phone coz i got a C in one of my AS levels (the rest were okay) and i found her "hiding spot" and took my phone back. she wasnt going to give it back until next year (which is wayyyy too long). and so inevitably she found out that it wasnt in the box where she kept it and i got into SO MUCH trouble.

on top of that, im not allowed to go out for lunch and ive been doing that for the past year. i stash all my wrappers in my desk draws and my sister found them all. she hasnt said anything to me as of yet but she left them on a pile on top of my desk so i know that she knows.

what should i do???????

thx in advance

ReputationRep:
    Why aren't you allowed to go out for lunch? If it's so much of a problem, why don't you throw the wrappers away when you're out?

It sounds like you and your mum need to sit down and have a calm conversation. Why does she think a C is so bad? A C is actually decent. You passed. Just calmly tell her you feelings, let her tell you hers, and then hopefully you'll come to a solution.

As for your sister, tell her you invaded her privacy. It could have been something a lot more personal than some rubbish. Calmly request she doesn't go into your drawers again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Why aren't you allowed to go out for lunch? If it's so much of a problem, why don't you throw the wrappers away when you're out?

It sounds like you and your mum need to sit down and have a calm conversation. Why does she think a C is so bad? A C is actually decent. You passed. Just calmly tell her you feelings, let her tell you hers, and then hopefully you'll come to a solution.

As for your sister, tell her you invaded her privacy. It could have been something a lot more personal than some rubbish. Calmly request she doesn't go into your drawers again.
    Yeah i always try to throw the wrappers away at school but when i bring stuff back home to finish i forget to throw it away and it just piles up. i'm definitely not going to make the same mistake twice. im lucky my sister hasnt told my mum about this.

however, my mum on the other hand is not someone who you can talk to. she HATES me and that is not even an exaggeration. always saying snide comments like why cant i be like my elder sisters who are so successful and then there is just me - a disappointment. i dont know what to do because every time she is stressed or annoyed at something, she takes it out on me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.