Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unidays ID as student card for clubs on halloween? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm going up to Coventry to stay with my mate on halloween and we're planning to go out, but you need 'any card that proves you're a student' - I don't go to University yet so don't have a student card. Would a Unidays ID work? I would use my sisters to go along with her ID but just not sure if they would accept Unidays rather than an actual ID card.

Cheeeers

ReputationRep:
    Doubt they would accept it as unidays can be used by students not in uni, for example I have used unidays throughout highschool when I was aged 15,16,17 etc so it doesn't prove you're over 18, it only proves you are in education
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h.findlay321)
    Doubt they would accept it as unidays can be used by students not in uni, for example I have used unidays throughout highschool when I was aged 15,16,17 etc so it doesn't prove you're over 18, it only proves you are in education
    Do you reckon it still wouldn't work even if it says the institution is a University?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate37)
    Do you reckon it still wouldn't work even if it says the institution is a University?
    It's not even worthwhile trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    It's not even worthwhile trying
    really do you think they definitely won't accept it
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    really do you think they definitely won't accept it
    As has already been said, non-Uni students have it ( like me!) and it's probably the most fake able and it doesn't really prove your student status, and Student cards usually have anti-forgery measures on them

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I don't know what night you're going to but if its just to prove you're a student and not that you're over 18 I doubt they'll be particularly strict about it so it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    They won't accept it as Id, if anything because it's halloween they'd be more strict on ID everywhere

ReputationRep:
    That's 100% not gonna cut it as ID.

ReputationRep:
    Could've misunderstood but seems like they're using it just as student ID not proof of age?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean for student discounts or entry to nights out at the student union? Because if it's the latter then students can usually +1 non-students.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm going up to Coventry to stay with my mate on halloween and we're planning to go out, but you need 'any card that proves you're a student' - I don't go to University yet so don't have a student card. Would a Unidays ID work? I would use my sisters to go along with her ID but just not sure if they would accept Unidays rather than an actual ID card.

Cheeeers
    In Sheffield where I live, I used UNiDAYS for discount entry at one club, but tried it and it wasn't accepted at another.

Meanwhile I used to work in a cinema, and we wouldn't accept UNiDAYS as student ID.

Each club will make their own rules, but if I were you I wouldn't risk it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    They won't accept it as Id, if anything because it's halloween they'd be more strict on ID everywhere
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    That's 100% not gonna cut it as ID.
    Yeah so I'm just wanting to use it as proof I'm a student not as actual ID, I have my provisional for that

(Original post by Helloworld_95)
    Do you mean for student discounts or entry to nights out at the student union? Because if it's the latter then students can usually +1 non-students.
    I think it's entry to a student event at a club??? I'm not really sure, but I'll ask my mate about the plus one thing thanks!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.