Chemistry - A
    Physics -A
    Biology - A
    RE - A
    Business - A
    ICT - A
    German - A
    Sociology - A
    I was only in school for 3 days a week throughout school due to sporting commitments, so would feel I didn't reach my full potential with these results, I am studying biology chemistry economics and German at a level and am likely to be predicted A*A*A*A. Are these academics good enough?

ReputationRep:
    Even if your grades were slightly better i would recommend doing 3 a-levels, especially if your thinking about dropping one next yr- because its just unnecessary stress. People usually do 4 to decide which subject to drop after AS, so if your certain about medicine just do 3. Also i would recommend doing maths, as quite a few med schools require maths, so it keeps your options open.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My college is filled with clever students that have gotten like 10A*s or done gcses early but still dropped a subject after AS- i dont know anyone that does 4.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are good enough for medicine, but as you know not exceptional and would put you at a significant disadvantage at certain medical schools. Plenty of medical schools however tend to just look at the UKCAT, so get a good score and you will be fine. With regards to a levels, your subject choices are fine, unless you want to go to Cambridge university, but I would think about taking 4- you don't want to drop down to a B in biology or chemistry because you overstretched yourself and you may have more time to pursue volunteering/practice for the UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N/A IS THE NAME)
    Even if your grades were slightly better i would recommend doing 3 a-levels, especially if your thinking about dropping one next yr- because its just unnecessary stress. People usually do 4 to decide which subject to drop after AS, so if your certain about medicine just do 3. Also i would recommend doing maths, as quite a few med schools require maths, so it keeps your options open.
    Okay I see cheers, that was the plan originally but performing well in all 4 at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IssyCon)
    Yes, they are good enough for medicine, but as you know not exceptional and would put you at a significant disadvantage at certain medical schools. Plenty of medical schools however tend to just look at the UKCAT, so get a good score and you will be fine. With regards to a levels, your subject choices are fine, unless you want to go to Cambridge university, but I would think about taking 4- you don't want to drop down to a B in biology or chemistry because you overstretched yourself and you may have more time to pursue volunteering/practice for the UKCAT.
    Yeah I get you. Cheers mate.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.