Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am like failing all my subjects and I am worried about my exams for GCSE. I really want to pass but I don't know where to start or how too?

Any advice is Great
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeirdLife)
    I am like failing all my subjects and I am worried about my exams for GCSE. I really want to pass but I don't know where to start or how too?

Any advice is Great
    This is going to sound a lot like school teachers but:

Keep working hard
    Don't wait until the last minute to revise
    Save time to just have fun and do anything you want
    Organize your work
    Before the exams, while you are revising, do some past papers (in exams conditions if you feel you can)
    Don't stress yourself, it won't help, just stay calm and do your best because then you know that you couldn't have done more so you shouldn't worry as much

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I know GCSE's seem like the biggest deal right now, but they really aren't. My first tip would be to stop stressing so much, by taking the pressure off you'll find that you'll probably start doing better. Other tips:

- Test yourself a little everyday. This could just be writing questions in the lesson and then answering them after school at home. I recently went to a lecture on study techniques and research shows this method works very well for retaining information.
    - Test yourself with past papers. Ask your teachers to print them out for you or where you can get them from.
    - Buy a bunch of colourful sticky notes and write down important definitions, formulas, theories... and stick them on your door/wall.
    - Talk about what you learnt at school to someone else. It sounds really stupid but it helps with actually understanding and retaining information.
    - Try and make it fun. For example watch the movie of the book you're studying in English or do Kahoots.
    - Leave time to relax/go out with friends. Don't just sit at home and worry there's no point.
    - If you really feel stressed get a tutor for the subjects you struggle with.
    - Study with your friends, test them and get them to test you.
    - Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Just stay calm and do the best you can. I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Main thing is to work hard (not as easy as it sounds)
    Make a timetable and aim to do a specific amount of revision everyday
    We use to copy each others hw quite a lot in school especially for maths- DO NOT DO THIS, as you will find hw help a lot with revision
    Do lots of exam practise
    I also find making your own notes by condensing different sources helps (as you fill in missing knowledge that you will need for exams)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.