The Student Room Group

What loans are there?

Basically I’m not even a student yet. Really hoping to study midwifery next September but I’m walking into this whole thing blind. I have 2 children. What loans could I get? I know the bursary has stopped this year and I’m finding everything really confusing.
Thank you 😊
Original post by Dawsey
Basically I’m not even a student yet. Really hoping to study midwifery next September but I’m walking into this whole thing blind. I have 2 children. What loans could I get? I know the bursary has stopped this year and I’m finding everything really confusing.
Thank you 😊

Hi Dawsey,

The Government announced that from 2017/18 AY new students studying Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional (AHP) courses will no longer receive bursary funding from the NHS and will instead receive regular SFE support in the same manner as students studying non-NHS courses.

This means you will be eligible for tuition fees(TF) of up to £9250, plus any additional TF increases and the full means tested maintenance loan.

For academic year 2018 we will look at your partner or husbands' income for the tax year 16/17, if you are over 25 and are not married, your income will be zero and receive the maximum support.

To estimate how much you will receive, here is a link to the Student Finance Calculator

http://bit.ly/2haPAgh

You will also be able to apply for Disabled Students Allowance and Grants for Dependents.

Grants For Dependants (GFD) are Means Tested grants awarded to students who have either child or adult dependents or both. They are awarded based upon the level of Household Income and the customers individual circumstances, due to this complex calculation we will only be able to confirm the amount that will be awarded to the student when the assessment has been completed.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending