The Student Room Group

The story of your Enslavement

This is probably the best video on youtube. Everyone should watch it in my opinion.

[video="youtube;Xbp6umQT58A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A[/video]
This video is essentially a bland re-hashing of Marxism. It's a typically utopian view on the world without offering any alternative. Without government, you wouldn't be able to walk down the street without fearing death. Also, we are NOT enslaved. People chose to go to their jobs, they don't have to. They could work in a bar in Jamacia or as a farmer in Siberia or in a shop in a city if they want. The world has great diversity and freedom. The sentiment should really be: The world is not enslaving you, you're enslaving yourself.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Stefan Molyneux is not a Marxist though. He's actually a successful Capitalist, but instead of just sitting back he's providing a critique of the system which is increasingly becoming fractured.
Original post by JVoorhees
Stefan Molyneux is not a Marxist though. He's actually a successful Capitalist, but instead of just sitting back he's providing a critique of the system which is increasingly becoming fractured.

I'm aware of who he is and if you really want me to go into the details he would be considered an anarcho-capitalist, which provides the same analysis of the state social anarchism aka Marxism. You understand radical libertarianism with no government regulation would mean millions of people would die every year from poverty in economically developed countries right?
Reply 4
Original post by GovernmentEarner
I'm aware of who he is and if you really want me to go into the details he would be considered an anarcho-capitalist, which provides the same analysis of the state social anarchism aka Marxism. You understand radical libertarianism with no government regulation would mean millions of people would die every year from poverty in economically developed countries right?

I don't subscribe to Anarcho-Capitalism so I wouldn't know. In fact that sounds a lot like it would to the elevation of City States with a big gap between poor and rich ones, even bigger than now.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply