Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tips for Interviews Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’ve had an interview and I felt I answered the questions and performed well, but got rejected, anyone got any tips for me? 😩
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prosenior)
    I’ve had an interview and I felt I answered the questions and performed well, but got rejected, anyone got any tips for me? 😩
    Hi Prosenior

What was the job you were interviewed for if you don't mind me asking?

First of all, did they give you any feedback on your interview, or were you just notified that you were unsuccessful? If so, I would definitely contact them and ask for some feedback as to why - it will give you a much better idea on where to improve for next time!

From my own experience with interviews I always stick to a similar technique of explaining situations I have been in, what challenges I faced, how I overcame them and what I learned from this/what I would do next time. It's a good way of showing that you're able to reflect, learn and develop and employers really look out for this.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Thanks
    Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I got no feedback from the interview, and I have emailed them (Tesco) asking for some feedback, however I’ve got reply. Thanks for the advice
    Jack.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prosenior)
    Hiya, I got no feedback from the interview, and I have emailed them (Tesco) asking for some feedback, however I’ve got reply. Thanks for the advice
    Jack.
    Hi Jack

Ah that's a shame! I used to work for Tesco, I understand that they can be quite reluctant to give feedback on interviews, they just get such a high volume of applicants I guess they struggle to get back to people.

Don't let it get you down though! Keep persevering and hopefully something will come your way!

Best of luck!

Matt

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.