Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I guess I am considered a mature student (25). You could say I wasted my teenage years focusing on things that aren't entirely important in the long term. I've since grown up a fair bit, stable job and all but I have a deep regret for not finishing A-Levels and go to university.

So here is where you can help me, I have decent GCSEs, where do I go from here? Do I take a foundation year or do I redo my A-Levels? I'd like to do it full time, but I'd also like to get a mortgage (which requires a job) for a house. I am financially stable so that decision is up to me, I don't mind distance learning either. I can find the time to study.

TL;DR, I don't have qualifications above GCSEs, would like to study Mechanical or Structural Engineering. Do I do 2/3 A-Levels or do Foundation/Access Course. Preferably a decent brick-and-mortar university 2-3rd year. I'm based in London, but ultimately, for my future, I am willing to go anywhere. Suggestions would be appreciated. [Preferably wack this out before I'm 30.]

Hope this is has come out clear enough and hopefully not too rambly.

Thank you in advance

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.