Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Pls can someone grade this bmat essay?
    @MedicMind

Mental Health has nothing to do with physical wellbeing.
    This statement is suggesting that the mind and body exist as two separate areas of the human body, and that there is no correlation between your mental and physical health, which is true to some respect as psychiatry is a different branch of medicine, therefore the two are not linked.
    The statement argues that poor mental health does not necessarily mean poor physical wellbeing and vice versa. Some may argue that this is not the case as it has been scientifically proven that an increase in stress levels leads to an increase in blood pressure and therefore a greater risk of suffering from a heart attack. Similarly, if somebody suffers from a stroke, they may feel depressed and discouraged to act towards recovery. In addition, an eating disorder, such as anorexia, will have a direct impact on physical wellbeing due to the drastic change in diet resulting in an extreme lack of energy to remain fit.
    While it is very difficult to measure if a healthy mind equals a healthy body, it can be assumed that having a more positive outlook on life encourages people to maintain a healthier lifestyle and having a positive mental attitude speeds recovery. This can be achieved be preventing depression in a stroke sufferer and this will lead to a quicker recovery and decreases mortality rates.
    Having suffered physical health problems in the past and failing to cope with it can prove to be detrimental to one’s mental health and suffering from mental health problems can have an extreme impact on a person’s physical wellbeing, however it is also true that a healthy does not mean a healthy body and a healthy body does not mean a healthy mind.

ReputationRep:
    I've not studied bmat so not sure if this advice is any good, but if I were looking at it as an uni essay I would expect you to say who exactly said these things instead of "some may argue" and who has said that stress levels leads to blood pressre etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Potato456;74275806]I've not studied bmat so not sure if this advice is any good, but if I were looking at it as an uni essay I would expect you to say who exactly said these things instead of "some may argue" and who has said that stress levels leads to blood pressre etc.[/
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.