Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I would like to know what are the best cities to be a journalism student in? I have already looked into some unis like Portsmouth, Sheffield and Nottingham Trent; I would prefer a course accredited by NCTJ and there's none in London. I am a foreign student so I don't know if my choices so far are good, because I don't know if a lot of events are in the cities mentioned already. Thanks for the help! x
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemilia)
    Hi! I would like to know what are the best cities to be a journalism student in? I have already looked into some unis like Portsmouth, Sheffield and Nottingham Trent; I would prefer a course accredited by NCTJ and there's none in London. I am a foreign student so I don't know if my choices so far are good, because I don't know if a lot of events are in the cities mentioned already. Thanks for the help! x
    Hi eemilia

Great news you're thinking about Nottingham Trent. What course are you looking at doing?

NTU offers either Broadcast (BJTC accredited) or Print (NCTJ accredited). I studied Broadcast at NTU for my undergraduate degree and the practical elements of the course are very good - producing news stories to real deadlines in newsdays, getting out in the city and interviewing the public and getting training for a range of tech and softwares like Adobe suite, cameras, even learning short hand if you take print.

If you're unsure about which city, have a look at the course content for all of your options so far, and compare which one you think you would gain the most from as there are bound to be differences between them.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try and help!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU)
    Hi eemilia

Great news you're thinking about Nottingham Trent. What course are you looking at doing?

NTU offers either Broadcast (BJTC accredited) or Print (NCTJ accredited). I studied Broadcast at NTU for my undergraduate degree and the practical elements of the course are very good - producing news stories to real deadlines in newsdays, getting out in the city and interviewing the public and getting training for a range of tech and softwares like Adobe suite, cameras, even learning short hand if you take print.

If you're unsure about which city, have a look at the course content for all of your options so far, and compare which one you think you would gain the most from as there are bound to be differences between them.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try and help!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
    Hey Matt

I am looking into the Journalism (BA) course

Thanks for the advice and help!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemilia)
    Hey Matt

I am looking into the Journalism (BA) course

Thanks for the advice and help!
    Great to hear eemilia!

Best of luck with your application, let me know how you get on.

Matt

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.